User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default newbie and local job

Hello,
I Live in branson,MO and im looking at going to get my CDL but I will not do OTR because i have 2 young kids at home. My question are there any local drivers in my area that know of any local companies that hire newbies and there pay? any help would be great....
Old 08-17-2007, 01:06 AM
Senior Board Member

have you look at your local paper??? you might have to drive regional... be home once a week depending on freight. get a hurry on and check with you local construction/paving companies....
Old 08-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Rookie

It will be hard finding a local job with no experience! The way I got mine was to go through a temp service. They will put with a company who needs someone in a pinch, get in there and do a good job, prove yourself and maybe something good will happen. I worked with my company for two weeks through the temp agency, the boss had a guy he was thinking of getting rid of, I must have made an impression on him because he fired this other guy who whined and complained about everything and called me and hired me permanently over the phone. You need any way you can to get your foot in the door, might be worth a try.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Dont go into trucking if you have young kids at home or youll miss thier youth. Local will be very hard to find and underpaid unless you go to an LTL outfit- those are the guys like roadway, yellow, conway, benton express, etc.etc. www.truckingboards.com has a lot of LTL cos. in fact almost all of them represented.