User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default M V R verses D A C report ?

Could someone explain the difference between theese two reports ? I was told by my school that the report They faxed for me was a MVR, then W/S recruiter told me it was a DAC report and they still needed a MVR report?? :sad:
Old 08-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Your MVR is your Motor Vehicle Record that is generated by the State of "whateverstateyouarelicensedin"....and the DAC/USIS report is a commercially generated report generated containing a record of your work history in the trucking industry and will contain also information possibly on your credit rating, civil records, and drug test responses.

One is government, the other commercial. Regardless of where it originates, errors in both need to be resolved.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Your MVR is your Motor Vehicle Record that is generated by the State of "whateverstateyouarelicensedin"....and the DAC/USIS report is a commercially generated report generated containing a record of your work history in the trucking industry and will contain also information possibly on your credit rating, civil records, and drug test responses.

One is government, the other commercial. Regardless of where it originates, errors in both need to be resolved.

How can I obtain a copy of my own DAC report?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:23 AM
Rookie

You can try asking the trucking company for a copy.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:49 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

Quote:

DAC can also contain your MVR. It will look different than the one issued by your state but that is a report that DAC can provide to an employer who orders it.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:14 AM
Senior Board Member
Default DAC-USIS/MVR

As long as you've had a driver's license, you've been able to get a copy of it from the state DMV that issued you the license.
If you've never had a CDL, you probably have no DAC-USIS report.
You can get a copy of it by following the steps at "USIS website. BOL
Old 08-17-2007, 08:22 PM

For some reason, Wal-Mart, Barnes & Noble and Red Lobster put on my DAC that I'd worked there. I have no clue why. I was not in a driving position. And Performance Food Group, whom I did drive for, never put anything on there. Weird how that works. Anyone know why non driving companies put stuff on there?
Old 08-20-2007, 03:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver67373
For some reason, Wal-Mart, Barnes & Noble and Red Lobster put on my DAC that I'd worked there. I have no clue why. I was not in a driving position. And Performance Food Group, whom I did drive for, never put anything on there. Weird how that works. Anyone know why non driving companies put stuff on there?
Because DAC/USIS is not limited to the transportation industry. They service other industries as well. Personally....I can't imagine why those three companies would spend the money to pay DAC...its for the most part a waste of money, unless you were "management"....and even then if they wanted to upset your "applecart"...they still wouldn't need to use DAC. I wonder if their shareholders know how many $$ they are wasting??

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by driver67373
Because DAC/USIS is not limited to the transportation industry. They service other industries as well. Personally....I can't imagine why those three companies would spend the money to pay DAC...its for the most part a waste of money, unless you were "management"....and even then if they wanted to upset your "applecart"...they still wouldn't need to use DAC. I wonder if their shareholders know how many $$ they are wasting??
Well when I applied to my first trucking company, I didn't list them because they were seasonal, secondary jobs I'd had over the years, and I accounted for my time by listing my primary jobs. But sure enough, they showed up on my DAC, and I had to go back and put them on my application. No big deal I guess. I just found it very odd.