User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default After much consideration...

I am going to heed the advice of many on this board and bust my arse to get a local/LTL gig right after trucking school. I know it is possible.

After discussing with my wife and reading many posts on here, the benefits of being local much outweigh OTR. I'm not slamming OTR. It's probably just not for me.

I still have a strong desire to drive a truck. I feel that bug.

Thanks to all that took the time to offer their advices. I will certainly have many more questions and will keep you up on my progress.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Different strokes for different folks!

The wife will like LTL a lot more.

Personally I'm more of a OTR guy(at the time being). The GF comes with me most of the time, so it works out great!
Old 08-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Senior Board Member

BOL
Old 08-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: After much consideration...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
I am going to heed the advice of many on this board and bust my arse to get a local/LTL gig right after trucking school. I know it is possible.

After discussing with my wife and reading many posts on here, the benefits of being local much outweigh OTR. I'm not slamming OTR. It's probably just not for me.

I still have a strong desire to drive a truck. I feel that bug.

Thanks to all that took the time to offer their advices. I will certainly have many more questions and will keep you up on my progress.

Yeah..... RIGHT!! You just want to be home every weekend to see your Colts get BEAT!! :lol:

BTW.... I hear Ryan Leaf is coaching HIGH SCHOOL football somewhere! Wonder what THAT pays?? :roll:

Seriously, I admire you for doing the research, and consulting with the Boss ( I mean wife!) I wish you the best! But, it won't hurt to throw out a few applications for OTR just in case! :wink:

The biggest mistake most newbies make here, is THINKING that there are only those 10 or so MegaCarriers out there. Currently, there are something like 375,000 trucking companies in the U.S!! Out of those, there MUST be a "niche" for anyone looking for one!

If you HAVE the money to get a CDL, you will never be sorry for it! You just NEVER know when the right opportunity will arise!

Oh yeah.... I think y'all can probably pick up Vick for a song when he gets out of prison! :lol:

GO BRONCOS!!!! (And Panthers, as long as they don't beat my Broncs in the SuperBowl!)

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Senior Board Member

LOL!! It sucks when the Colts get beat. I can't watch ESPN for a week. Panthers look pretty good. Jay Cutler may have a breakout season for the Broncs. My neighbor is a Broncos fan from South Dakota. But screw both of em! No one can touch my precious Colts!!!!

And thanks for the support. I have plenty of time yet to research my options and I will keep an open mind. Driving school doesn't start until Sept. 3.