User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I left my truck at a terminal on my first (and only) company driver job. Dispatch knew it was coming after a crappy beginning, but I toughed it out and put 25,000# on a 48ft trailer (hhg) and then drove the truck (in-route to destination) to the terminal and parked it. I completed the trip for free and left the driver diagrams of the load and all paperwork properly filled out.

I didn't get a ticket home from a company 800 miles away from my home, as I quit. Performing well and being nice to office personnel is the way to get things, not whining.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
I completed the trip for free
:roll: :roll:
Old 08-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Well, cfm, they did pay for my fuel and accomodations down to Alabama. Bailing on them, the least I could do was fulfill my obligation and get the truck loaded. Finding a driver to haul the load and deliver was up to them. I had a job waiting at home at a United agent paying over twice as much :wink:

I called my driver manager a few months ago and he (to this day) said there were no hard feelings, even still. I didn't want compensation because I would have to list them as an employer.

More or less, I got a free trip to Alabama with motel and meals paid for a week, and a lesson learned :lol:
Old 10-15-2007, 05:50 PM

Well I'll be damned...after all of that debate we had...when Crete sent my a comment form asking why I'd left etc. etc. I put on there I felt I should be reimbursed for my bus ticket home, and wouldn't you know, I got a check in the mail from them today for 75.00! I just never cease to be amazed. A trucking company actually did something right. Well that just made my day. Had to let y'all know.