User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default DAC ?

Whats DAC all about. A background check from the day you were born? Or like DMV just go back so many years ? Any Info ? Thanks
Old 08-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Senior Board Member

DAC/USIS is a private company that will perform background checks on applicants for employers that choose to use their services. It is primarily used by the transportation industry, so if you have never worked as a driver it is very likely you will not have a DAC file.

The employment information that they have on file is only what they are given by companies who choose to report that information to DAC Services.

DAC will keep full employment records, as reported to them, for 7 years and employment dates for 10 years.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:54 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: DAC ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal
Whats DAC all about.

A background check from the day you were born?

Any Info ?
Thanks
Hi, Sal!!

The answer to your question would depend upon who you ask.

Right-winged Conservative Christian Fundamentalists claim that your DAC/USIS report actually begins at the moment of conception!!

In all seriousness, I always thought that your DAC report began at the time that you begin training for your CDL. I think that it was around the end of last year that Scoe, one of the CAD Moderators, informed me that your DAC report actually may extend further back. IIRC, there was a new member here who mentioned some erroneous information ragarding his criminal history that was on his DAC report, and he had not yet begun his career as a driver.

To my knowledge, as it pertains to drivers, information on your DAC report is held for seven years. I don'y know what the rule is for criminal matters, and I DO want to make it clear that you have made no mention of a criminal past.

Also, I think that we have a few menbers here who are company Safety Officers, so they may be able to get you the straight scoop on that matter.

I believe that Scoe is a recruiter, although I don't know who he works for. I know that "Sheepdancer" is a recruiter for JB Hunt, and those guys may be able to answer your questions more accurately.

BTW: I see that you are new here, so Welcome to CAD!!
Old 08-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Default Re: DAC ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal
Whats DAC all about.

A background check from the day you were born?

Any Info ?
Thanks
Hi, Sal!!

The answer to your question would depend upon who you ask.

Right-winged Conservative Christian Fundamentalists claim that your DAC/USIS report actually begins at the moment of conception!!

In all seriousness, I always thought that your DAC report began at the time that you begin training for your CDL. I think that it was around the end of last year that Scoe, one of the CAD Moderators, informed me that your DAC report actually may extend further back. IIRC, there was a new member here who mentioned some erroneous information ragarding his criminal history that was on his DAC report, and he had not yet begun his career as a driver.

To my knowledge, as it pertains to drivers, information on your DAC report is held for seven years. I don'y know what the rule is for criminal matters, and I DO want to make it clear that you have made no mention of a criminal past.

Also, I think that we have a few menbers here who are company Safety Officers, so they may be able to get you the straight scoop on that matter.

I believe that Scoe is a recruiter, although I don't know who he works for. I know that "Sheepdancer" is a recruiter for JB Hunt, and those guys may be able to answer your questions more accurately.

BTW: I see that you are new here, so Welcome to CAD!!
Thanks uturn2001 & useless for the replies they helped. Useless thanks for not JABBING me on this one . Although I do enjoy your sarcastic HUMOR Sal