User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2007, 12:25 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Did I make a mistake?

I tried to reapply to my former employer, but I had a read end collision 3 weeks prior. I told them and I got uninvited to attend the rest of orientation. Should I have kept that little incident my secret since it isn't on my mvr? How long does it take for it to show on my mvr?

Anyone know of any companies that will hire me? :sad:

Wasn't my fault. Stupid decided to pass my dump truck on the left, then cut me off and slammed on the brake to get into the food mart. Nobody in front of me, no one behind me :roll:

I'm currently driving a dump, but I don't care for city work.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:34 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Did I make a mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Driver
I tried to reapply to my former employer, but I had a read end collision 3 weeks prior. I told them and I got uninvited to attend the rest of orientation. Should I have kept that little incident my secret since it isn't on my mvr? How long does it take for it to show on my mvr?

Wasn't my fault. Stupid decided to pass my dump truck on the left, then cut me off and slammed on the brake to get into the food mart. Nobody in front of me, no one behind me :roll:

Better to tell the truth rather than get fired later for falsifying your app and having it go one your DAC.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 07-31-2007, 12:35 AM

Not telling about them is an invitation for it to come back and bite you on the butt someday. Full disclosure and honesty is best even if they aren't an understanding outfit. If you've got a copy of any police report available that clears you in any way maybe that'll help in the future.

Hi mom
Old 07-31-2007, 12:38 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm going to try to take her to court. Maybe her passenger will be truthful. I'm only looking for her to accept responsibility. If it's listed as me not being at fault, will the accident still be held against me? It was very minor. I shold have gotten bonus points for not knocking her into the middle of the gas station :roll: . Just didn't have any place to go.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:46 AM

I had an incident back in '03 that wasn't my fault but required the local police to show up. Minor damage to the other vehicle. Safety had me on probation for a while regardless. I've got a copy of the entire incident I keep on file that I show any potential company I'm looking at joining. So far they are all okay with it and it's never been a problem. I think they appreciate the honesty I show since I didn't have to. I feel it's better to be truthful than to try to hide it. Things like that tend to surface if you try to cover it up.

Hi mom
Old 07-31-2007, 12:58 AM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Did I make a mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnajj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Driver

Better to tell the truth rather than get fired later for falsifying your app and having it go one your DAC.
BINGO
I had to fill out a paper today that listed all my Traffic Violations for the past twelve months. I just started with a new company today. I asked if I should list the Non-moving Violation that i got in May(failing to obey a traffic control device) on the paper. They showed me a copy of my MVR and the only thing listed is ticket that I got in '98 when I still had a Class C.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE