LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAC2007
I am leaning towards the Big Orange so I can get my experience, but 18 mo's is a long time to be someone's whipping post.
Dmac, why leaning towards SNI so much when they are better companies that pay more? Have you looked into Roehl, Maverick, or Millis? I would say that any of those 3 are better than SNI.

Also, having the attitude about "whipping post" will bring you to your knees real quick....If you have that attitude already, imagine what it'll be like once your out there...You ARE getting paid for it, remember?
Keep your head up...Regardless of what you got to do to get started. Remember, you only have to get started ONCE, so stick it out, and make the best of it.

Adapt and overcome.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Rookie

I may have sounded negative, but I am only using the lingo I have come across here. I am not sure, but I have to think that starting with the big pumpkin would be like starting on the bottom of the ladder with any other type of company. You pay your dues, show your worth, and expect the best in the end. Now that may not jive with many peoples thoughts here (at least from what I have read) but I dont think the dues are much different. Its grunt work in the beginning and then smoother rides after your rookie tour! Am I right?
Old 08-08-2007, 03:53 AM

www.wksh.com
They hire/train cdl grads and have plenty of miles in your area.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanman63
your best bet is to find a smaller sized comp. that will hire traines!! they are out there that is how i got started. i would never go to work for the big guys all they want to do is use u. i have worked for this comp. for several years now and since i have started my checks have never been below 700 for the week and have never had to set for more than 5 hours waiting on a load and i am off every weekend and home once during the week for 13 hours. and its been like that from training to now just dont give the big guys the time of day there not worth it!!!!!!
Wow. That sounds like a dream come true. Who do you work for?