User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWulf
I am leasing from CRE and I am doing very well......... I take one day off a week and am bringing home 850+ a week for now

Dan
This is an example of what is wrong with the L/P deal as far as I am concerned,they make drivers feel that taking home $850 a week is good,not for the headaches and risks involved,could do much better being a company driver.....but I do hope for the best for you and your continued "success".

Old 07-16-2007, 05:43 PM

you forgot food, but everyone is right, solo drivers average 2,500 miles a week, and for the $800-900 a week that you will have left you might as well drive for the company. the easy way to calculate o/o pay is the average of $0.85cpm expenses, thats all included. so whatever you make over the 85cpm is your net.

oh by the way, as you wrote 165,000 miles a year solo divided by 365 days a year is 450 miles a day without taking one day off EVER.

you are guaranteed to fail and lose money with this lease program.

for the extra 45,000 miles that you wont get multiplied by $0.90cpm is $40,500, so your salary of $55,000 a year minus $40,500(miles that are impossible) and your grand total is $14,500 a year, going on welfare is more money, and i was just being generous before by saying you will have $800-900 a week.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Board Regular

Even if you get all those miles, you're only making 33CPM.
WHATTA F@#K!
Apart from that, to get paid for 3100 miles, you will have to drive
3500 miles. Add the cost of fuel, you're making what, 30CPM?
Only an IDIOT! :twisted:
Old 07-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper
Stop acting like an ass. I don't work for this company. I just wanted some honest feedback, not some jerk chewing on my ass. And please learn how to spell, you have the dirty mouth part mastered.
:roll: We might disagree on this board, but this kind of lenguage is unacceptable. Go somewhere else!( You know where!)
Old 07-16-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
Quote:
I am leasing from CRE and I am doing very well......... I take one day off a week and am bringing home 850+ a week for now

Dan
This is an example of what is wrong with the L/P deal as far as I am concerned,they make drivers feel that taking home $850 a week is good,not for the headaches and risks involved,could do much better being a company driver.....but I do hope for the best for you and your continued "success".
This is an example of someone thinking they know what is best for someone else.

Do you really think I'm so stupid that I don't know I could make more as a company driver?

Right now, in my particular situation, 850+ a week works. This is but one of many steps to a distant goal in the path I have laid out.

Quite possibly this, or any, lease program would not work for YOU, but it works just fine for ME.

Dan
Old 07-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quite possibly this, or any, lease program would not work for YOU
Wow! could not have said it better myself.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Im just goin to chim in my 2cents for reinforcement....not even goin to bother answering the poll....

No point in having the "headaches" of your own truck...

The bottom line is $$$ to the house/wife(your net income).

A good company driver will net to the house just as much and possibly more than a lease driver, and doesnt have any of the headaches a lease driver would have.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
Im just goin to chim in my 2cents for reinforcement....not even goin to bother answering the poll....

No point in having the "headaches" of your own truck...

The bottom line is $$$ to the house/wife(your net income).

A good company driver will net to the house just as much and possibly more than a lease driver, and doesnt have any of the headaches a lease driver would have.
one of my fellow drivers was going over monteagle friday and his engine blew, the mechanic brought him another truck with our wrecker and took his truck in, the driver never missed a load, just got a 1/2 day behind, can you do that with a lease?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:59 AM

work for a company and try to save money, once you have some savings youll be in a better position to go o/o, generally i think if you have half the money of the truck cost then the numbers work more in your favor. once youre ready make sure you finance the truck separatly and then lease on with a company or run your own authority, but never, NEVER sign a lease-purchase with any company.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:57 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Averaging 3180 a week, and working the full 52 weeks in a year to reach 165,360 just isn't going to happen.

This is the CRE Lease, btw. Search here for further information, CRE does not have a good reputation on this board.

They no longer pay the safety bonus.

Maintaining paid 6.3mpg is going to be tough. Yes, you may get 6.3 overall, but not 6.3 paid, so there is a chance of getting booted out of the fuel program and having to pay pump price with a fuel rebate.

The maintenance fund is now at 8cpm.

The variable mileage payment is also 8cpm.

License/Permits/FHUT, Qualcomm, and admin fees are no longer taken out of the settlements.

To qualify for the premier lease, you have to complete at least a one year lease. There are trucks available to lease with terms from 6 months to 3 years. If you lease a new truck at three years, you cannot become a premier leaser until you have completed that lease. Or, you can lease a 6 month truck, then another and complete your year to become premier.

Now, with all that said...

I am leasing from CRE and I am doing very well. How is it I can do well when so many others fail? Luck of the draw? I doubt it. This is a business, not an easy way to make quick money. Being your own boss is not all it's cracked up to be. You have to be serious about making this a success. Nobody is going to do it for you, there isn't going to be anyone holding your hand and showing you what to do every day.

I think a big part of why I am doing well is that I got into a dedicated fleet that has more than enough miles to run. I take one day off a week and am bringing home 850+ a week for now, plus I am home just about every night. In August this account will add a new section that will increase the miles available. Being home every night and having that day off a week probably won't happen after that. Of course, the bring home pay will go way up in return. I'll run hard, then come home for a reset and head out again.

I am not convinced that a national fleet OTR driver can make it with this lease. Between loading, unloading, lumpers, tolls, wait times, etc... I just don't see that someone could run enough miles consistently enough to make a go of it.

There are several dedicated accounts with good miles and other perks that are available which I think make success possible for someone with the right mindset and a good work ethic.

Are you an experienced driver with at least 3 years OTR? Accident/Incident free? No late loads? Good work history? Good driving record? Drug free? Are you ready, willing, and able to work you ass off for very little return to begin with before you see good money?

Dan

This is what is wrong with trucking today. :roll: 850.00 a week as an O/O??That is a big joke. After the social security tax,income tax,and maintenance(yes,trucks do break down) are taken out of that 850.00,you would make more money delivering pizzas. :lol: 614.00 a week is what the leases are running at? :shock: The best way to start out as an O/O is to buy a good used truck for around 35-40k with less than 400k miles on it and keep the MONTHLY payments at or below 1500.00. At 614.00 a week that comes out to over 2400.00 a month and you still don't own anything. VERY unrealistic.