User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

yup, jct is all o/o. am gonna do the lease purchase deal. i understand about how so many drivers fail at it. yeah lots of companies are rip offs. there are pluses and minuses to it. not every lease/purchase plan is the same. there are some legit companies offering it out here.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:03 AM
Senior Board Member

JCT is a decent company. I did a BRIEF stint there a few yrs back. Freight at the company I worked for then got really slow so I did some part time for them till freight at my company picked back up. They treated me good. They had company trucks then. This lease deal with them is pretty new I believe. They have NICE trucks too!
Old 07-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Senior Board Member
Default reefer

ohhhh i'm sorry wrong page...I was thinking the other type reefer :lol:
Old 07-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Senior Board Member

I know that awhile ago....they had a contract to deliver to West Marine stores around the country.... Boating supplies. Multi-pallet loads with several stops on them. Easy drops. You tailgated the pallets with a provided pallet jack, they got it off with a fork lift. Downsides: The stores were usually in shopping centers in yuppie areas and moving a 53' trailer around not that easy. The loads consisted of everything from aerial flares to toluene, cuprous oxide laden bottom paints to fingernail clippers. If you smoke, and ever pull one of those loads....put the cigarette out before you open the doors. Retail packing for the toluene, acetone, and other flammables that may be in the load is piss poor. So if fumes are present....and you or anyone else has a lit cigarette..... Not good.

BTW, when there are hazmats in the load, there will more than likely not be any placards. The RQ will be below the amount requiring placards, and there is a "retail exemption" on the books.

I don't know if they still have that contract...but if they have it, its a good run. West Marine has stores from coast to coast, and WM bought BoatUS so they have even more stores. And if you arrive the night before, in alot of the places you can park for the night because "you are supposed to be there". 8)

No, I never worked for JCT.... I was "Management" for BoatUS on one of my extended breaks from driving... 8)

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Default Re: reefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss
ohhhh i'm sorry wrong page...I was thinking the other type reefer :lol:
wrong forum too. Here you talk about that you get branded a thug and killer...Even though your family was fed and your bills were on time...
Old 07-14-2007, 11:13 AM

I don't know where you guys are picking up at but Watsonville,Salinas,Oxnard,Yuma, ALL have long waits on getting loaded. Other than freezing your butt off in the cooler it's not bad. You can't loly gag around either. Most of the loads I pick up the customer wanted it the day before I got loaded. I say they should have bought it 2 days ago but i'm just a driver what do I know. lol