Old 07-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emperor palpatine
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer
How about the school you graduated from? Do they have a job placement service?
They do, on paper. But it was useless. Their idea of job placement was giving me the URLs of major companies (ex. www.cocacola.com) and telling me to apply. They gave me one number for an oil company but I could not get a hold of anyone nor could I find its location on a map.

Quote:
Have you tried local moving companies? How about food and beverage companies like Coke, Pepsi and bottled water companies. Generally, jobs that require lifting have high turnover rates, so somebody will probally give you a shot. Afterall, you are young and should be in decent shape.
I haven't looked into coke/pepsi etc. actually. Dunno, maybe I'm picky but I'd like to deliver something that's important and necessary. Of course, if I can't find anything else I will check soda/water companies out.
At 22 and with a Class B, don't knock driving for Coke or Pepsi. They both tend to pay a decent wage, especially in Metro areas...but you will earn that wage. Being young is in your favor in that repect. Start driving for either of those companies now, with your class B, then once you are 24 or 25, and have had a couple years accident free working for either one, they will sign off on you upgrading to your class A.

The same goes for Waste Management. Yes..you will start off working the neighborhood garbage pickup...but in MA WM is most likely Union..therefore you would get set-up with Union wages a bennies..and again..work for a couple years accident free, prove you are worth the risk, and you could well claim your class A upgrade with WM, then move into CWM (Chemical Waste Management), and into their Road Fleet. The driver's in WM's chem waste division knock down some serious $$$.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Sounds like a terrible driving school :sad: