User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2007, 04:58 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I don't claim to be an expert in tax issues, thats why I pay an accountant. I hand him recipts he does the math and walla, it's all good. I tried to do it myself one year and found out that I'm a dummy and providing the sandpaper while i grab my knees, not nemore. It was all professionally prepared,copies of every statement,and here's the real kicker, there were so many documents that i never even saw at the local post office, that were in my 06 taxes,i.e forms they don't put on the table for joeshmoe at the library or PO. I even read that if you taxes prepared by a former IRS agent you have about a 1-2% chance of getting audited, I'll take those odds anyday.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:24 AM
Board Regular

I'm no math wizard....I leave that up to my wife, she gets us a nice chunk back every year and I'm a company driver......if it was me....a blank check and a white flag

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 07-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss
Hey you all would be surprised how many drivers tell me I am making a mistake by not buying a high priced truck. i have been in the same truck for over 8 years. paid 15,000 cash & have been making great money year after year, with over a mil mi's & no major work done. I still get people saying yeah but your trucks not worth anything & you have nothing to write off. you need to buy a new one to have a write off ???? :roll: i tell them i have no debt no truck,trailer or house pymt & i should go into dept to have a write off ???
heh, heh...I heard a loudmouth in St Louis telling everyone on the CB that if your accountant didn't have you buying a new truck every 2 years then he "doen't know $hit", and that all the guys who are making it are driving new trucks, and on and on...

Paid for stuff is the ONLY way to go IMO.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom433a
I'm no math wizard....I leave that up to my wife, she gets us a nice chunk back every year .......
Why don't you change your deductions? It's your money, and the IRS is not going to pay you interest to keep it for you.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:14 AM
Board Regular

Oh I know Aligator, but its nice to have for vacation LOL

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee