User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 03:14 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Night time; Definitely!!

No traffic jams, fewer cluster f*ques, zip through large cities, better quality of professional drivers, better time, cooler, no clammoring for non existant parking in a truck stop, no having to back into a tight parking space after being up for 16hrs, and some enjoyable conversations on the C.B.

Too Bad Art Bell doesn't do AM Coast To Coast anymore; I really enjoyed his program.

Time to shut down?? Turn in to the T/S, refuel, post trip, pull into a space, put up the windshields curtains, grab a shower, rethink my logbook perspectives, grab a meal, & hit the sack!!

Time to head out?? wait till rush hour clears if your near a city, take the windshield curtains down, pre-trip, grab some java, then head out!! Other drivers pulling in to fill up the t/s, no prob!!
Old 06-24-2007, 03:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
I

I sleep better in a moving truck when I sleep NIGHTS and drive DAYS.

:shock:
Golf,
As for the quality of sleep?? Hell, I slept while I drove!! NO PROBLEM!!!
Old 06-24-2007, 03:27 AM
Board Regular

It really depends, if I am going into Metropolitan areas such as LA area (From 210 South and I 15 West), Portland, or Seattle, I will do everything I can to go through during the night time. I don't like driving in traffic and will avoid it at all costs. The only thing that sucks is the fact that I have to idle during the day depending on where I am at, and since we get charged to idle, it can get really bad.

Yeah, sometimes I don't have the choice, but I prefer nights over days.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:42 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm with golfhobo...I'm solar powered.

I can drive at night, but I've only rarely found I've *had* to. I plan my trips accordingly. I like to see what I'm going to get into and at night darkness plays too great a factor - particularly when foul weather is involved.

I used to run cities like LA or Chicago at night, but lately with all the highway closures they are just as bad no matter what time you go through them. I no longer bother trying to sneak in, and make just as good (or bad) time. :roll:
Old 06-24-2007, 03:49 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tndieselgrl
I'm with golfhobo...I'm solar powered.

I can drive at night, but I've only rarely found I've *had* to. I plan my trips accordingly. I like to see what I'm going to get into and at night darkness plays too great a factor - particularly when foul weather is involved.

I used to run cities like LA or Chicago at night, but lately with all the highway closures they are just as bad no matter what time you go through them. I no longer bother trying to sneak in, and make just as good (or bad) time. :roll:
The nice thing about running in areas like LA is if you know the freeways, you can get around the construction!
Old 06-24-2007, 03:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danj_otr

The nice thing about running in areas like LA is if you know the freeways, you can get around the construction!
True that, and I've run enough of LA to know my way around. I just get pissy at the fact they never warn you until you hit the exit you need that the darn thing is shut down :wink:
Old 06-24-2007, 04:08 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tndieselgrl

True that, and I've run enough of LA to know my way around. I just get pissy at the fact they never warn you until you hit the exit you need that the darn thing is shut down :wink:
Then you get places like Arizona where they warn you 70 miles out of Phoenix that I 10 is closed right where you need to get off the freeway!