Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Comparo-Crete, Arrow, Swift FB, deBoer, Andrus, Gordon, CFI

Okay, so I'm planning on going back OTR. I've got 7wks OTR and 2 mos local equipment hauling. My earlier venture OTR was cut short when the truck I was sleeping in dodged a deer and laid down at 65mph. That's one heck of a way to wake up. :shock: And before you ask, no, I wasn't driving. Got my first ever ambulance ride though! 8)

Anyway, I've been checking out the above listed companies, and based on my preliminary conversations with their recruiters, I should be able to get on with any of them, although how long they'll have me out with a trainer is uncertain. (Hopefully, not long, as I'm not sure how well I can sleep in a moving truck now... :sad: )

I'm in Las Vegas (all purportedly will hire out of here), can run OTR or Regional, or Dedicated (i.e., don't really care too much), would like to be able to take "hometime" anywhere (I'm planning on relocating once I figure out where I want to relocate, so will use "hometime" to scope some areas out), am intrigued by flatbeds, don't want to do reefers again. Can stay out 1-6 weeks, but won't put up with losing accumulated hometime. Running mongo miles legal doesn't faze me.

So, based on the info I've gleaned either from their websites or conversations with the companies, here's what I've discovered.

All estimates are based solely on .cpm and "training pay" (where known). Tarp pay, multi stop pay, detention pay, holidays, safety and/or mileage bonuses, none are considered. If, based on your experience or reliable reports from folks you know personally, these are significant elements of compensation, kindly note that, along with how much you'd estimate. Mileage used for these estimates is 2,500 week. This is the real kicker, how realistic is the mileage estimates for each company?

Crete $40,950.00
Swift $37,955.00 (Flatbed)
Arrow $42,870.00 (Flatbed)
deBoer $36,992.50
Andrus $34,300.00
EW Wylie $43,000.00 (Flatbed)
Gordon $36,615.00
CFI $34,935.00
Sherman Bros ??? (Flatbed)
So, your advice is appreciated.

Grace and peace, BD
Old 06-17-2007, 10:42 AM

check out jbhunts dedicated accounts most are averaging about 50000 plus ....only three months experience required go spend a couple of months with cfi and then jump ship especially if you are willing to move....my dedicated account averages about 3000 miles a month at 38cpm with about 100 to 200 dollars in accessory pay a week...and i get home every weekend....just a thought keep in mind most of those companies want to keep you as an indentured servant for the first year since you should be soooo greatful that they trained you once you have a couple of months more be ready to jump as there are better options than you listed

when your ready for a raise remember emp num 30528