User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 01:03 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Noob post (help me out, please)

OK, Just over four years ago right out of school I was working for Werner Enterprise. after 8 months I left them to work with a owner operator thru Tri State. Before I got hired by Tri State I was let go, my drug test came back adulterated. The owner operator let me go and It went on my DAC report. I was told my truck driving career was done.
So I let my CDL go and have not been behind the wheel again.

First off. I was clean and always have been and I am sure you hear that all the time but I can pass any drug test and have passed everyone since then. Now four years later I really want to get back out on the road and start a truck driving career again.

I know I will have to go back to school but my question Is will any good company hire me? I have a clean MVR. Not so good work history but It looks alot better for the last four years.
No Criminal history and the last thing to go on my DAC that I know of was from Tri State. I will be getting a copy of my DAC but I don't know what to look for.

What can I do. What should I do?? I really want to drive a truck again any advice, help or point me In the right direction would be great..

I went to my local job center and applied for the WIA program (workforce investment act). I meet the requirements for the program and I am In contact with a Truck Driver Training School. Will take about 4 weeks.
Now the Next Question and I have seen It asked time and time again but I need some advice.
Which Company's should I apply for and will take a person with my History???
I have worked for Werner and do not want to go back but I am a newbie again so which company's treat there trainee drivers good and have good equipment and good pay??? I know no company Is perfect I just want to make some money. Be home on the weekend and have a good Truck to do It In..
And of course be treated like a person..
Old 06-17-2007, 01:23 AM

Before you go back to t/t school you are right to check your dac, if that failed drug test(adulterated) is on your dac them I do believe you will be wasting your time. The insurance co's. plain and simply will not insure you.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Contact Sheepdancer. I'm sure JB Hunt will hire you.

Sorry, i have a thing. you might try something local.

Good luck.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 06-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You really should start by getting a copy of your DAC report. Not all companies use DAC. Most of the larger carriers do subscribe to their service. I suggest you then start making phone calls. It would be best to make some calls before wasting your time going to school. Unless you can get hired, there is no sense spending time in a school. The time to contest the test was at the time it was taken. If it is on your DAC, you can always put a letter in your file, but a positive test is difficult to defend, especially in a commercial vehicle. You may find a smaller carrier who will give you a try providing your MVR is clean and you have a good work history. Most will check the last 3 years of employment. It is rare to find a company who will guarantee to get you home every weekend starting out. At this point, I would be more concerned with getting a foot in the door and building current experience.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Senior Board Member

You know, on second thought, you might give CR England. I know they have received alot of bad comments on this board, but maybe those are just from drivers who have failed.

I talked to a guy at the truckstop where I drop fuel. He worked for CR England. He had the 1 million sticker, 2 million sticker, and does really good with them. And he was just your average person.

Give them a call. It might work out.

'

Old 06-17-2007, 04:34 PM
Rookie

Ok, I have a copy of my DAC report and there Is one Incident on my report and It has been 5 yrs not 4yrs since all of this happened and It was a pre employment drug screen and I never was hired by Tri State but thats all It says.
To get additional Information I have to Fax a DAC Drug /Alcohol Release form to DAC. Can I get this Information? Were can I get a DAC Drug /Alcohol Release form?
Old 06-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornIII
Ok, I have a copy of my DAC report and there Is one Incident on my report and It has been 5 yrs not 4yrs since all of this happened and It was a pre employment drug screen and I never was hired by Tri State but thats all It says.
To get additional Information I have to Fax a DAC Drug /Alcohol Release form to DAC. Can I get this Information? Were can I get a DAC Drug /Alcohol Release form?
Ok...if you were clean, you need to find a way to get a copy of the other drug test. Figured out what companies you worked for, and ask for a copy. Tell them that you are a victim of a lab mistake, and it is preventing you from getting a job. The closer you get with a date to when their tainted drug test was taken, the better you are. Also, try to get any testing done before the tainted test. You may need a lawyer. After that, make sure your clean yourself, and give a hair sample for testing. This works out great if you have long hair. Once that comes back negitive for drugs, you may need to take a polygraph to prove you never did drugs. Once you have this, you will want to challenage the testing in a court of law. This means you sue the lab. If you win, the personal MIGHT take that item off your DAC.

Or you could just say that your trainer smoked pot once while training you, and while you didn't smoke any, you were in the same sleeper, and may have breath some in. It happened just before your test, so you were screwed. Then tell them to contact your past employers to check the results of their drug test.

Good luck.

'

Old 06-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Dont go with CR England, talk to the CO. drivers like I have, and they'll tell you different.
You'll freeze in the winter, fry in the summer, although if you "fleece purchase" they'll reprogram the truck so you can idle, of course you'll watch your miles drop considerably.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Dont go with CR England, talk to the CO. drivers like I have, and they'll tell you different.
You'll freeze in the winter, fry in the summer, although if you "fleece purchase" they'll reprogram the truck so you can idle, of course you'll watch your miles drop considerably.
Everybody bashes CR England on this board. I have talk to a few drivers who have done alright there. But nomatter what company you go with, do NOT do the lease program...being a company driver means you get to drive the truck first before they lease them out.

Good luck.

'

Old 06-18-2007, 01:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
I call bull :dung: . Where is your source for this info? From your friend of a friend of a friend?