User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Arrow Trucking Good or Bad?

Arrow Trucking Good or Bad?, out of all my recent choices I seem to have settled on Arrow Trucking, I was gonna go JB Hunt, but I have been out of the seat for over 5 years and thats to long for JB, Arrow is offering paid training to bring me back up to par, so my question is are there any major complaints, I know the pay won't be as good as JB, I'm more concerned with rookie treatment, and other company problems. Thanks
Old 06-02-2007, 05:44 PM

I just put up a long post about Arrow in the other forum. They are a decent company imo, many small problems. Things will go along pretty good at times, but then they may let you sit for a few days, give you a 800 mile load and one day to take it, then 3 days for a 850 mile load the next trip. But from reading on here, that happens at a lot of (larger) companies. I heard the last time I was at the terminal the word was that we had a new president. I don't know much about him and need some time to see how things will improve. But like I posted in the other tread, many smaller issues around the terminal have already improved. Read my post about Arrow,good, bad, and ugly, in the what about this company forum and if you still have any questions, I will try to help. And I am sure that there are other arrow drivers that could post their opinion on here about Arrow.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Senior Board Member

I'm back at Arrow for my second tour of sorts 8)

In fact, I'm sitting in Tulsa right now waiting on my truck to get out of the shop. Arrow has its good points, and it's bad - no company is perfect, but Arrow is the closest I've come at this point in my career.

The one thing I can say is that I've *never* been lied to here. When there is no freight, they are straightforward about it. When they have a problem with something, they are straightforward about it. Some terminals are better than others. I had fantastic luck my first time around with Dallas, TX - and want to pull my hair out over Houston. I'm also one of the few drivers that loves going to Tulsa.

Drivers are treated well here - and while I could have made more money at other companies, it was the people that brought me back here. The entire company has an open door policy that makes access to assistance unparalleled. I've even had a few chats with Vice Presidents over various divisions in the company. The guys over in Training and Safety are top notch, and prepare you for the road with one of the most complete programs I've seen. As a former van driver, I would have preferred more in the load securement side, but what is given is thorough, and you do need to test out of it to get a tractor.

PM or email me if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them for you, or I may be able to direct you to people who can that are not recruiters :wink: