User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 02:14 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Finally going solo

Passed the pre-trip and road test today in Troutdale. Fly to Albuquerque to pick up my 2005 Columbia and then get a load back home for a day or 2. My brother called to congrat me and then asked if I wanna run team. I said sure, nothing wrong with another 50 bucks a day. He still wants to think about it. I still don't know if I could sleep in a rolling bed. What the heck, can't hurt to try. At least I know I could get along with him a lot better than the trainer I had.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Congrats!

Who are you driving for?
Old 05-31-2007, 03:28 AM

Interstate Distributor Co.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:33 AM
Senior Board Member

I noticed there's an Interstate trucking just a few miles from me. I'll be interested to see what you think of them. ........ Congrats :!: and stay safe.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 06-09-2007, 01:26 AM

woohoo! 2400 miles in 4 days! The next load brought me into LA. uugghh! The grapevine is no fun when you're loaded with 43,000 lbs. of paper. The new ride pulled that at 30 mph. Did Siskyous around 35. Then the a/c quit, so now I'm waiting on the Fontana yard to fix. Hope I get to run east, 55 mph sucks.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:53 AM
Default Re: Finally going solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunker
Passed the pre-trip and road test today in Troutdale. Fly to Albuquerque to pick up my 2005 Columbia and then get a load back home for a day or 2. My brother called to congrat me and then asked if I wanna run team. I said sure, nothing wrong with another 50 bucks a day. He still wants to think about it. I still don't know if I could sleep in a rolling bed. What the heck, can't hurt to try. At least I know I could get along with him a lot better than the trainer I had.
Congrats! Go for the team, you have nothing to lose. I always wondered if I could sleep in a moving truck but I got used to that quick but only had to do it for about 3 weeks. Good luck!
Old 06-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Senior Board Member

Just missed you by 5 or 6 days. I was at the yard on 6/6 - 6/8. Took all the test on the 7th and didn't even know I was taking the test. I did meet up with
Rick a week or so before that (at the yard).
Congrats on passing and getting your truck.

Myself? got a 2004 FL, 457,068 miles. last driver hit something purple, left some good size dents and scrapes on the passenger side. Left it dirty, pulled trash out of most of the storage holes, they lost the oil fill cap (oil everywhere on the driver side) mattress looked like he couldn't control his blatter, got a new mattress, needs new breaks REAL SOON, thick layer of oil and grease outside storage box, batteries are shot. I told the shop batteries were week, they said "they are fine, truck just sat for a while" Did my first run, came home to clean and outfit it the next day it won't start.
Not really griping it will be a good truck when a few things get fixed. like the driver seat :sad: worn out, torn and arm rest are broke. Went shopping yesterday to outfit my truck, still not done shopping. Will finnish that today, turn in my trip pack, and get cleaning on the truck. When I get my next load, have to call roadcall to jump me ( guess I better not shut it off until I get to a yard )

Upside? I am the poster child for the proper way to sit yourself in a truck, pictures and all, watch the board.... that's me.

Oh.... note to newbies. If you have an old friend you haven't seen in years, and think it would be a good idea to have them train you and catch up on old times....... It's not a good idea..... I fired mine and got off his truck :x