User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 03:50 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Only had my license back a year and a half...can i be hired?

I just got turned down by a company who said that I needed to have a license for two years before they would look at me. My license was suspended for four years before that because I could not afford the fines to pay to get it back. It was originally taken for non-payment of a fine for a speeding ticket.

All this stuff happened years ago and I now know the value of keeping a license and a good driving record. My question is will other companies take a chance on me??
Old 05-17-2007, 06:10 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: Only had my license back a year and a half...can i be hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcleod
I just got turned down by a company who said that I needed to have a license for two years before they would look at me. My license was suspended for four years before that because I could not afford the fines to pay to get it back. It was originally taken for non-payment of a fine for a speeding ticket.

All this stuff happened years ago and I now know the value of keeping a license and a good driving record. My question is will other companies take a chance on me??

Most companies want an acceptable 3-year driving history. NO serious violations,(15+ over speed limit,following too close),No more than 2-3 moving violations,and no more than 1-2 minor preventable accidents and/ or suspensions more than 30 days in the last 3 years. Some will not even touch you if you have a felony or DWI/DUI. You may have to wait another year and a half until that suspension becomes 3 years old if you don't have more than 2-3 minor tickets or accidents on your MVR during the last 3 years. Some companies have higher standards but this is the average minimum I posted. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:17 AM
Default Re: Only had my license back a year and a half...can i be hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD60
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcleod

Most companies want an acceptable 3-year driving history. NO serious violations,(15+ over speed limit,following too close),No more than 2-3 moving violations,and no more than 1-2 minor preventable accidents and/ or suspensions more than 30 days in the last 3 years. Some will not even touch you if you have a felony or DWI/DUI. You may have to wait another year and a half until that suspension becomes 3 years old if you don't have more than 2-3 minor tickets or accidents on your MVR during the last 3 years. Some companies have higher standards but this is the average minimum I posted. Good luck.

You are an idiotz. I go 130mph with my new truck with no problem. So far I have lot of fun. Too many idiotz stay in left lane. :? They drive better in Hungary. Mina Cala. OR as mexicans say,Adios for now.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Rookie

Is it possible though to get hired? The one that turned me down said that they needed two years and to contact them in about six months when I hit that two year mark.

I have been talking to deBoer and they haven't really said anything yet about the suspension.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Board Regular

well most places want 2 recent yrs actual OTR driving not just having your license for 2 years.

and the other guy if your oing 130mph all the time, im gald your in hungary so i dont have to see you wrapped around a Mt. side :roll:
Old 05-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Senior Board Member