User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 01:44 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I really appreciate all your input. Thanks. This is a great message board.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:53 AM
Rookie

I wasn't recommending job hopping every couple of months for a couple of cents per mile more or the promise of a few more miles weekly, just that with no money, no job and bad credit you don't have to wait for months to get on with the company you want just because you owe money for school. The contract is that you will pay "X" amount of money if you don't complete "Y" months of service at a normally below average pay scale. If you complete "Y" months of service or if you pay "X" amount of dollars, you have fulfilled your contract with the training company. Basically, where there is a will there is a way, only sometimes you need to be creative to get what you want.
Doug
Old 05-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I paid $3500 out of pocket (for CDL school) so I didn't have to drive an orange truck. I chose to go with Roehl, man what a mistake that was!

If I had to do it over again I would've just started at SNI and left after getting my 1 year in and then off to Crete.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:35 PM

Maverick is also attracting my attention. Seems like the biggest catch to flatbed is rigging up the gear. Is that correct?

Would this be a better company/school/ career path than SNI?
Old 05-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Rookie

Have you considered Averitt, in my opinion a nice company to start out with, but as I said it is my opinion, and just another choice to look into!
Old 05-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCareer
inmate1577, I agree with you. Sni is tops for a starter company, especially the equipment part. I agree with you that they strongly preach "legal and safe" driving but I know that at times they do force you to run NOT legal and NOT safe. Started with them to get a free training, planning to leave after 1 year but is still with them after 4 years.
I've never been "forced" to run illegal. It depends on what you consider illegal and not safe. I took a "save" load from Richmond, Va to Alabama at total of 740 miles. It was my choice to take that load, they asked if I wanted to take it, they didnt foce me to take it. But I'll run the 740 miles to Alabama just to stay out of the North East. I despise the northeast , every single inch of it especially sh*t states like Ohio with their anal retentive 55mph speed limit. I went an 1.5 hours over my 11. I called my dispatcher and let him know this was going to happen. But like I said I was not forced to run illegally or unsafe. But give me an example of what you feel is "illegal and unsafe"
The best piece of advice I got from a vet SNI driver when I started working there was "dont let them push you around" and I never have.

I'm not busting your balls, just interested in hearing your experience because for the most part mine has been positive.