User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The drivers that speed through the truck stop parking lots are the guys that irritate me. What is the point in flying through thr parking lot? It is only so big.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little D
The drivers that speed through the truck stop parking lots are the guys that irritate me. What is the point in flying through thr parking lot? It is only so big.
No matter how fast you go you have to wait on the one truck that needs 6 pull ups to get in a spot.
Old 05-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtc_Is_Hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little D
No matter how fast you go you have to wait on the one truck that needs 6 pull ups to get in a spot.
I heard that I did.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Being criticized on the radio for riding in the middle lane , at the speed limit, in a construction zone. Sorry if I personally dont want the trailer 2 inches from a jersey barrier in high winds. Get over it and get over yourself.

Idiots who have to pass me and then cut over with less than a 1/4 mile til the off ramp of a weigh station or a truck stop. Apparently Billy Big Rigger has to be a prick, all the way to the end.

As far as governed trucks are concerned and I've heard O/O's complain about them. Tough sh*t. I didnt govern the truck and I'd like to get another 5mph out of it too. But I cant, you cant, and once again, get over it and yourself or write a letter to the company and complain. I'm sure they'll give it all the attention of any piece of toilet paper. I'm out here trying to make a living just as much as the next guy but as a company driver I do it safely and legally. Some people have a terrible time comprehending the concept.

The "better than you" group who brag about the "40 years they have been driving a truck" Sorry, I dont care and just because you have been doing something longer, doesnt mean you have been doing it right. Unless you have helpful information that might benefit someone who is just starting out in the business.......save it. Maybe the lot lizards are interested in your BS, I'm not.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577
Being criticized on the radio for riding in the middle lane , at the speed limit, in a construction zone. Sorry if I personally dont want the trailer 2 inches from a jersey barrier in high winds. Get over it and get over yourself.

Idiots who have to pass me and then cut over with less than a 1/4 mile til the off ramp of a weigh station or a truck stop. Apparently Billy Big Rigger has to be a prick, all the way to the end.

As far as governed trucks are concerned and I've heard O/O's complain about them. Tough sh*t. I didnt govern the truck and I'd like to get another 5mph out of it too. But I cant, you cant, and once again, get over it and yourself or write a letter to the company and complain. I'm sure they'll give it all the attention of any piece of toilet paper. I'm out here trying to make a living just as much as the next guy but as a company driver I do it safely and legally. Some people have a terrible time comprehending the concept.

The "better than you" group who brag about the "40 years they have been driving a truck" Sorry, I dont care and just because you have been doing something longer, doesnt mean you have been doing it right. Unless you have helpful information that might benefit someone who is just starting out in the business.......save it. Maybe the lot lizards are interested in your BS, I'm not.

Who said anything about a construction zone. ? Did someone forget their prozac? :lol: Riding in the middle lane on a multilane highway when there is no slower traffic on the right constitutes a hazard and forces faster traffic to pass on the right,especially in areas where trucks are banned from the far left lane. If you hate or are frustrated being in a governed truck,then why not work or drive for a company that doesn't?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD60
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577

Who said anything about a construction zone. ? Did someone forget their prozac? :lol: Riding in the middle lane on a multilane highway when there is no slower traffic on the right constitutes a hazard and forces faster traffic to pass on the right,especially in areas where trucks are banned from the far left lane. If you hate or are frustrated being in a governed truck,then why not work or drive for a company that doesn't?
Who said anything about Construction zones? I did.
Didnt say I was frustrated with governed trucks but the "super truckers" of the world seem to be. Apparently doing 65mph in a 65mph lane is really frustrating to some who like to do 75mph. But if I'm going through a major city with many on-ramps from the right, I'm riding the middle lane. When congestion clears, I'll move to the right lane to let BBR whiz on by so he wont be late for his roll over accident.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: What bugs you about other DRIVERS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_knee
but what pet peeves do you have with other truck drivers as far as driving habits?
I can deal with lots of things and most things really don't bother me.... except one thing!

Drivers that think they have to race you! 99% of time I have the slower truck and I yield to the faster trucks. But 99% of the time I can shift faster and I know the roads better so I can run faster because I know the road and know how fast I can go around curves.

Happens to me every time I run Columbus, Ohio to Chicago. Every time I get close to a 2 lane road another truck will pass me to get to the 2 lane first only to run 50 mph. I'm glad I don't run with a CB because I would be cussing them the whole way.

Most of the time it's a younger driver.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Senior Board Member

What I really don't get is the guys that brag about doing 16,000 miles a month, and have been out here for 30+ years.

Why the hell aren't they retired yet? Blow all your money on booze or what?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh
What I really don't get is the guys that brag about doing 16,000 miles a month, and have been out here for 30+ years.

Some just like to save the money, dont you think??
Some drivers who run less miles and spend all their money on booze and dope!!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoutlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh

Some just like to save the money, dont you think??
Some drivers who run less miles and spend all their money on booze and dope!!
Granted their is a lot of assholes out there these days, but booze and dope, really ? :shock: