User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Connex Radio help

Hello there I have a Connex 4300hp radio. I have had it for about 1 month now. And for some reason today. Im hearing people from all over. And if i switch to a different channel, I hear alot of HAM operators from all over. My question is, is there something wrong with my radio. I was using a Wilson 2000 antenna. But I could not really get a good ground off my volvo. So I hooked it back up to 2 francis antennas that are hooked with the factory set up on the mirrors.

If someone who knows about these please let me know. Im on 19 now and hearing people about 1000 miles away. And it is aggrivating because there is sooooooooo much radio chatter going on now from everywhere. They cannot hear me I tried talking to one of them in Baltimore. Some guy here at the truck stop ask who the he1l im talking to. He didn't believe I was hearing someone that far away.

BTW I do have my band knob on D and my +10 switch is off. I am sorta afraid to talk on it now because I do not want to get nabbed for running a 10 meter. I use to be able to switch channels to talk to people now I switch channel and get a million people talking on HAM. Any help it would be greatly appreciated thanks. :!:
Old 05-06-2007, 02:36 AM
Board Icon

The reason why you here other stuff is because your radio has a side band. It's a 10 meter radio as well as a cb radio. You have a big radio. I wouldnt mind having a big Connex radio. Youre gonna pick up a lot, because it can recieve a lot. Make sure that it is on the CB, and not the side band, or the 10 meter side. Other than that, I dunno. I just know that they have side bands, and they can reach out, and touch someone. :P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 05-06-2007, 04:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
The reason why you here other stuff is because your radio has a side band. It's a 10 meter radio as well as a cb radio. You have a big radio. I wouldnt mind having a big Connex radio. Youre gonna pick up a lot, because it can recieve a lot. Make sure that it is on the CB, and not the side band, or the 10 meter side. Other than that, I dunno. I just know that they have side bands, and they can reach out, and touch someone. :P

Doesn’t have anything to do with sideband or 10 meter for that matter! Just atmospheric conditions are good for picking up other bigger radios!! Don’t flatter yourself....lol
You can have a little radio and still hear the same stations!! Go to channel 6 and you will hear all the bigger stations you want... Stay on 19 and when everyone shuts up you can hear other drivers with larger radios!!! No one will shut up for that long!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 04:37 AM

Thanks for the answers, another question why didn't I hear this when I had just 1 wilson hooked up. Now all im using is my stock factory mounts on my volvo and francis antennas. Does this mean that appearently the wilson was not working to good?
Old 05-06-2007, 04:43 AM

Yeah I think I found out that this is called Skipping. I was talking to some guy in WV today from MO. Wasn't sure what was going on. lol I def don't have any big radio compared to what else is out there and no linears or anything don't need all that. Just was sorta lost what was all that. Makes sense now just not sure if I should worry about putting another wilson on or just keep my francis antennas.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

go to the cb shop and ask for a bird perch for you antenna. it is a stainless stell rod that screws into the part of the mirror mount that is srewed into the door...the absolutly best place to ground on the volvos. all you do is take the screw out of the mount and turn the perch in. the rod will cost between 12 and 15 dollars...low cost to keep from frying that big ole' radio.
Old 05-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

for all c.b. questions go to www.cbradiotalk.com they are the cass a drivers sight for cb's