User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2007, 04:04 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

For employee + 1 that is a very reasonable amount - even for non-trucking industries.

Some things to look at though:
Does it include medical and dental?
What is the deductible per a person and per a family?
What is the out of pocket limit?
Are there any exclusions?
Are there any maximum benefits?
How much will it cost you to go to an 'out-of-network' doctor or hospital?
Old 05-05-2007, 04:18 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
Quote:
My insurance for my entire family is $491 per month, dental included. What it all comes down to is the coverage and the deductible. If you can't afford the deductible, then all the insurance in the world is useless. If the insurance doesn't cover anything, then it is equally useless.
Why is it useless? :? unless it's a $50,000 deductable, what ever the deductable is, it sure beats $100,000 hospital bill.
Not if you cannot afford it.
I guess it's just as easy to file bankruptcy on 10,000 as it is 100,000.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
Quote:
My insurance for my entire family is $491 per month, dental included. What it all comes down to is the coverage and the deductible. If you can't afford the deductible, then all the insurance in the world is useless. If the insurance doesn't cover anything, then it is equally useless.
Why is it useless? :? unless it's a $50,000 deductable, what ever the deductable is, it sure beats $100,000 hospital bill.
Not if you cannot afford it.
Myself, I don't know too many people who can afford to pay out $50,000 per year in medical deductions. If you can, great.

I've only ever had to use my medical insurance one time. My ex-wife's son was riding his bike and was hit by a car. The investigating cop didn't write the woman driving the car a ticket, so it was basically entered as a "no fault" deal. His first 24hrs in the hospital was over $150,000 (that included a $15,000 helicopter flight). After 2 months in the hospital and 6 months in a rehab center, countless prescriptions and changes to our home to assist him, I paid out a total of One Hundred dollars.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
Myself, I don't know too many people who can afford to pay out $50,000 per year in medical deductions. If you can, great.

I've only ever had to use my medical insurance one time. My ex-wife's son was riding his bike and was hit by a car. The investigating cop didn't write the woman driving the car a ticket, so it was basically entered as a "no fault" deal. His first 24hrs in the hospital was over $150,000 (that included a $15,000 helicopter flight). After 2 months in the hospital and 6 months in a rehab center, countless prescriptions and changes to our home to assist him, I paid out a total of One Hundred dollars.
Then you have better insurance than most.