User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2007, 04:33 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Is there a way to get back in..

Hello all,

Here is the situation, started truck driving back in 04.. was at this one company (red buzzard emblems) where I wasn't getting any miles, paychecks were either low as I don't know what or that net $0.00 appeared on the QC.

Quit there went to JB and leased.. yeah yeah I know lol.. but it was working out fine until I had rear end accident not even 2 months in (jan 06)..( wasn't my fault, but it was listed as preventable)

so now here is where my dilemma comes in..

after the accident. I figured ok it was 1 accident on my record.. (last job i had an accident and was terminated for was back in 96..but its quite odd I have a career ending accident 10 years later)

so anyway.. I figure I'm alright it's only 1 accident.. start applying to other companies.. I start getting we can't hire you because of the accident( even though most of them say no more than 1-2 maybe 3 at most preventable accidents)

So I'm like ok cool. a few more months pass by.. I start applying again.. now I'm getting the "you have to drive with another company for at least 5-6 months accident free" or " You've been off the road more than 6 months" ...

So it's 2007 and I'm STILL getting these replies.. tried local companies in the dallas/ft worth area.. even OTR companies that I "thought" would of given me a chance.. but no dice.. I am willing to retrain.. I don't care I just want back in the game

should I just give up my dreams of being a truck driver? Go back to driving buses(transit.. no way can i go back to school buses lol).. or keep trying and hope that some company will give me a second chance?

(my apologies for the very longwinded post lol)
Old 05-04-2007, 05:10 AM
Senior Board Member

First off you need to get a copy of your DAC report and see exactly what is on it. There may be stuff listed there that you have either forgotten about or that is inaccurate.

If you find inaccurate information then you need to go through the process to remove it.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Is there a way to get back in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzarect
Hello all,

Here is the situation, started truck driving back in 04.. was at this one company (red buzzard emblems) where I wasn't getting any miles, paychecks were either low as I don't know what or that net $0.00 appeared on the QC.

Quit there went to JB and leased.. yeah yeah I know lol.. but it was working out fine until I had rear end accident not even 2 months in (jan 06)..( wasn't my fault, but it was listed as preventable)

so now here is where my dilemma comes in..

after the accident. I figured ok it was 1 accident on my record.. (last job i had an accident and was terminated for was back in 96..but its quite odd I have a career ending accident 10 years later)

so anyway.. I figure I'm alright it's only 1 accident.. start applying to other companies.. I start getting we can't hire you because of the accident( even though most of them say no more than 1-2 maybe 3 at most preventable accidents)

So I'm like ok cool. a few more months pass by.. I start applying again.. now I'm getting the "you have to drive with another company for at least 5-6 months accident free" or " You've been off the road more than 6 months" ...

So it's 2007 and I'm STILL getting these replies.. tried local companies in the dallas/ft worth area.. even OTR companies that I "thought" would of given me a chance.. but no dice.. I am willing to retrain.. I don't care I just want back in the game

should I just give up my dreams of being a truck driver? Go back to driving buses(transit.. no way can i go back to school buses lol).. or keep trying and hope that some company will give me a second chance?

(my apologies for the very longwinded post lol)
There are alot of fuel driving positions about to be open in the DFW area. Check out my site for a partial list of companies.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 05-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Rookie

email me, maybe I can [email protected]