Old 05-08-2007, 02:27 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
I get tired of defending the co. I wokr for. I never get any recruiting $ so screw it.
Every company I have worked for has offered a recruiting bonus, but Crete is the ONLY company I have worked for that I have encouraged others to sign on with. I could never push something that I don't truly believe in.

That doesn't mean that I wasn't content with my other employers, but I was often in a dedicated situation that worked well for me, even though the company itself was substandard.

I don't push Crete for the referral $. If it happen to work out that way, great, but my main motivation is that I love this company.

There are so many drivers out there that jump from one company to another because they are constantly getting screwed over. I am just trying to make life a little easier for anyone who is tired of changing jobs and losing money in the process. If you are happy where you are at, more power to you. If your not, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to get you to the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm only here because I'm on a break with nothing better to do and enjoy helping other drivers out when I can.

For anyone that cares, I just had my best week ever 4043 miles, and every one of them legal.

Drive safe everyone :!:

[email protected]
Old 05-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by myndsplyntur

LOL @ Schneider's pay, we called them this morning. $0.22 cpm for team drivers.

In fairness to SNI, and I'm only making an assumption here with no actual proof either way, but I believe that you would each be payed 22cpm for every mile the truck runs. Meaning you as a driver would be payed 44 cpm that you actually drive. If the truck runs 5000 miles in a week, $2200 goes to the truck, with each driver getting $1100. At least I would hope that is the way it would pay out. SNI is known for low pay, but 22cpm would be horrendous. I would call SNI to get a clarification on that one.

[email protected]
Old 05-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Board Regular

not to mention they are one of the very few companies that still pays HHG miles. The difference between practical and HHG can be quite a differerence in your paycheck.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Senior Board Member

if i had to choose between these 2, hmmmm I say KLLM, then I would go pumpkin if I had only them 2, would choose FFE over crete anyday though...... depends all where you live who might be the only choice you make...
Old 05-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertruckerr
Quote:
Originally Posted by myndsplyntur

LOL @ Schneider's pay, we called them this morning. $0.22 cpm for team drivers.

In fairness to SNI, and I'm only making an assumption here with no actual proof either way, but I believe that you would each be payed 22cpm for every mile the truck runs. Meaning you as a driver would be payed 44 cpm that you actually drive. If the truck runs 5000 miles in a week, $2200 goes to the truck, with each driver getting $1100. At least I would hope that is the way it would pay out. SNI is known for low pay, but 22cpm would be horrendous. I would call SNI to get a clarification on that one.
Nope - the recruiter told me I would get paid 22cpm for the miles I drove, and my husband would get paid 22cpm for the miles he drove. Not a split situation. He did mention something about a small raise or two within the first year, but it wasn't worth it to me.

We did call Crete and the lady I spoke w/was pretty awesome. One of the only recruiters who didn't talk to me like she was trying to sell me something. I believe Crete is the company we are going to try and go with.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:41 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertruckerr
Every company I have worked for has offered a recruiting bonus, but Crete is the ONLY company I have worked for that I have encouraged others to sign on with. I could never push something that I don't truly believe in.
I totally agree with you, that's exactly what I mean. I was trying to recruit a Marten driver at a grocery warehouse, he was gloating saying "wow I'm movin' up the payscale now, I'm making .32 CPM!" and I told him with his experience he could be making .41 with Crete or Shaffer and he didn't believe I was getting as good miles as he was even though I offered to let him look @ my log book. I guess I'm a bad salesman. :? I'm a very "to the point" kind of guy, I wont BS you and I don't lie. Crete is an excellent company, if you don't believe me, then fine. Say what you will... More freight for me I'm not one of those guys who offers to split the bonus either. The way I look at it is, I'm helping you out by showing you what you could have, why should I have to break bread with someone I've already helped?

I guess what it boils down to is that we drivers all see the way others act, whether it be in the truck stop parking lot or the big road and maybe we have just lost trust in each other, or maybe drivers are just afraid of change, I'm not really sure.

Quote:
I just had my best week ever 4043 miles
Wow I'm impressed!! I had 10 days off in April. I spent alot of time with my wife and young son. It was great. We went to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha and my boy had a blast! When we got back home, my wife and I had a "date night" that ended up in a suite at the Marriot that had a hot-tub, can you say "room service, more champagne!" ? I wouldn't trade none of that for $5,000. I spend enough time in this metal coffin. I guess everybody has different priorities though.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglymutt
if i had to choose between these 2, hmmmm I say KLLM, then I would go pumpkin if I had only them 2, would choose FFE over crete anyday though...... depends all where you live who might be the only choice you make...
I seem to recall seeing several KLLM drivers lose their trailers because some sneaky person pulled their fifth wheel while they were asleep. I also routinely get passed by KLLM drivers going at least 90 to 100 mph. Must be a very unsafe company to work for. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Senior Board Member

So, are the votes close?

The origianl thread was Crete or Schneider?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:37 AM

When I started at Schneider back in 2003 I made .33 per mile. Solo would have been .28 per mile. Then you split the paid miles with your codriver.

Schneider was a great place to learn and get started.

I stayed there 2 years then went local.

If I could have found a team driver that didn't smoke pot or could actually stay awake his whole shift I would have stayed longer.

I am considering going back otr. I wouldn't go back to Schneider, but would consider checking out Crete.

I'm not bad mouthing Schneider, but by the sounds of it, Crete sounds like a better long term career.