User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sleeper space?

I've had some experience with big rigs but not anything with a sleeper attached to it. I stopped off at the local Freightliner dealer today just to look around inside one or two, found some centurys, checked out the sleeper and figure I'd have enough space to keep my computer and clothes bags. Now I noticed that the top bunk foleds up to create space. I feel stupid for not thinking of this, but do the lower bunks fold up too? perhaps for some "trunk" spae underneath? Reason I ask is I want to keep an electric guitar with me and it certainly wouldn't fit into the little fridge-side cubbies. I have a few guitars, the one I would want to take has a fairly large case. I've relegated the decision to taking my strat with me now as it and it's gig bag are much smaller. But is there any space in which I could actually put the thing or is it just gonna be bouncing around the bed? Like would I ust literally tuck it under the covers on the bed or what?

Sorry if this is a dumb post.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Senior Board Member

While it is nice to have the extra headroom with the top bunk up, a lot of drivers keep it down for extra storage space. With some bungie cords or the safety net, alot of stuff can go up there.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Board Regular

Most trucks have some type of storage under the lower bunk. They are usually broken up into compartments, D/S is storage with access from the outside, P/S usually has your heat and a/c unit with a larger area in the center. Your guitar might fit in the center compartment but i would through some good padding under it. If your really worried about it getting beat up, i would leave it under the covers while your driving and maybe stand it up in front of the passengers set when resting.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:53 AM
Rookie

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing that in the first weeks where I'm with a trainer it would be best for me to leave it at home, I'm thinking that a trainer wouldn't be to fond of my instrumentation and I'll be doing all the work anyways. But it's good to know I can hav e it with me when i get out on my own!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:15 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Sleeper space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslam
I've had some experience with big rigs but not anything with a sleeper attached to it. I stopped off at the local Freightliner dealer today just to look around inside one or two, found some centurys, checked out the sleeper and figure I'd have enough space to keep my computer and clothes bags. Now I noticed that the top bunk foleds up to create space. I feel stupid for not thinking of this, but do the lower bunks fold up too? perhaps for some "trunk" spae underneath? Reason I ask is I want to keep an electric guitar with me and it certainly wouldn't fit into the little fridge-side cubbies. I have a few guitars, the one I would want to take has a fairly large case. I've relegated the decision to taking my strat with me now as it and it's gig bag are much smaller. But is there any space in which I could actually put the thing or is it just gonna be bouncing around the bed? Like would I ust literally tuck it under the covers on the bed or what?

Sorry if this is a dumb post.
not dump at all. i used to keep mine in it's hard case on the upper bed but it was such a hassle that i never played it then i was at Sam Ash and found a Brownsville travel guitar. just a neck and almost no body.(standered 6 string) it was like $69 and it fits behind the seat so i can play anytime. i have a 9volt travel amp, guitarman, cords, sound pedal and stuff. i keep in a briefcase that way it is all in one place. i can stop and have it all up and playing in less than 5min. it works well for me
Old 05-03-2007, 03:04 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acslam
Cool. Thanks for the heads up. I'm guessing that in the first weeks where I'm with a trainer it would be best for me to leave it at home, I'm thinking that a trainer wouldn't be to fond of my instrumentation and I'll be doing all the work anyways. But it's good to know I can hav e it with me when i get out on my own!
While your out with a trainer, I would take baremin of things you need. there will be 2 of you having to store stuff. The Trainer already have a space for your stuff, so it will be limited.

But after you get your own truck you'll be free to do much as you please. Just remember if anyything shoiuld hapen and your let go from the COmpany you maybe stuck carring everything on to a Bus or plane.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:27 AM
Rookie

It does help that I work currently at a lutheir's shop/music store so i can get ahold of pretty much anything I want. As far as effects and such go, I have a firepod so guitar>firepod (professional recording device) > laptop >headphones or truck stereo for amp. Plus i can jam out to my entire music library that way. Whole rig can fit into a laptop case + gig bag and i hate to say it but I'm starting to like the sound almost more than my 100 watt, 6 foot tall voodoo stack.

I had considered buying another guitar but I think I got to many already!

It's cool to find other players on the board. I was wondering how many guys played and drove.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:41 AM
Senior Board Member
Default re;guitars

ya guitar players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you get a chance,check out the garage band web link i have..........let me know what you think...........keep on rock'n........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Old 05-03-2007, 03:43 AM
Senior Board Member
Default re;guitars

by the way i'm in the process of setting up to sell downloads..and cd's...................lol
Old 05-03-2007, 05:59 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I bring my Jackson DK2 with me. I name all my guitars. This one is "Bigrigger."

The hardshell case makes it secure. As you can see there is plenty of room in the case for my Dean Stack in the Box, extra strings, and my practice DVD's.
I also use a Pandora...and sometimes bring my Digitech GNX4. My laptop has Guitar Pro and Pro Tracks Plus. I have thousands of music files, and made a file of my sound effects patches. I am a Satchoholic. :P :lol:

It just rides nicely on my bed. I have bounced all over the Country...and never had any problem. When I need my bunk, I set it behind the passenger seat. Sometimes I forget it there...but it rides just as nicely. I mean...where's it gonna go?

I would feel just as comfortable with a gigbag. You'll see the guitar will fit end-wise at the foot of the bed...so it also has the closet cabinet to stop it...if you hit the brakes. Sometimes if I lay it on the upper bunk...I bungee it for safety sake.