User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default an issue with the training school

Since Jan 15 2007 untill today April 16 2007 i am still in school three months pass and i am still in school . this is not because i am not attending the school this is because this school is what you some heard lots of promisses less action .
her is the story and i will explian it to the point and i am very fair of what i am explaining.
i start with this school Jan 15 and the teacher is an experiance lady knows what she is talking about but from day one she said she is always right and she can not be wrong regarding the course and any thing related the school when she aske me do you have any comments would you like to say i said no and signe the contract.( I paid $ CD 5400.0 ) my beef is with the way they handle the the time of training many times I went to the school on time to find the traininer is not there and school is closed when i aske i got the cold answer dont worry you will be ok
there is about 25 student and only tow truck used to be one trailer and now we have tow.
i rememebr she said if you start complaining then you refrence with us is not going to be nice , even if you did good because you will be new driver with no experiance and the only refrence you have is us .
i consider this like what ever we do dont complain . we know and you dont know
since 4 month i dont have income , my poersonal debt start mounting to the point i can not pay it any more .
they told me on paper and personly that the entire course will take 6 weeks at the most now i am in 12 weeks and still dont know when is going to be over
my wife start puting pressue on me to leave the whole thing and start looking for somthing else because with the house and three boys and one income we can not keep going like this
too many student and some time no truck to get the training hours
today we have heavy snow but the instrucor told me that i must be there by 6 AM sharp for the training befor the big day ( road test )
and you know he never bother to call the house and cancel the training time and i just call them she said well i am sorry thats it waiting in the snow storm for 45 minuits and all i got sorry and somthing else the wife got realy realy upset .
i must say that the trainer is a first class trainer he knows his stuff and have great personality
after this long explaination i need advise should i quiet the whole thing and forget about this and my money wich i invest in this and the time wich i wasted or start looking for other jobs ?? .
or go straight to this lady and blow it in her face ??
or keep my mouth shut and leave my anger in my freezer till its over wich i dont know when its going to be .
i need an advise from the pro is this hapeen to any one ?? do you think i dont have base for my issue and this is normal in the industry ??
i will held the name of the school and the name of the trainer
thanks for you patient and reading

i
Old 04-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Does the contract specify the amount of time the course lasts in weeks or hours? If it's specified that it lasts 6 weeks, I'd contact a lawyer concerning a breech of contract.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:04 PM

If you are anywhere near Ottawa, i think I know what school you are at, I went to the same one. All I can say is that patience is golden, truck times and scheduling is a real pain in the ass at the best of times. If there is a snow storm, they will try to get people into the trucks if they feel it is safe to do so, sometimes they have to wait a little bit before making the decision to cancel the class.

"Hundreds of miles rolled off today.
Signs lose their meaning, minutes tick away.
Dirt roads to interstates, I must have drove them all.
Cigarettes and burgers, caffeine and alcohol."
Old 04-17-2007, 01:02 AM

Unless you can recoup the money, IMO, seems to me you'll have to grin and bear it for awhile. And, again- IMO, I think you got screwed.