User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I have always made more money on percentage than mileage. Much of it depends on how much deadhead you do. Roehl seems to have some supporters on the forum. I don't recall a lot of negative things being reported. You should be able to do a search on the forum and come up with what has been written. There are several who have had experience with TMC and Maverick on the board. Most seem to be pleased with their choice. The important thing you need starting out is solid training and experience. Earning a good living is important, but getting the right training is more important starting out. After a year or two you can go pretty much anywhere you want as long as you keep your mvr and work history clean. If you are going to base out of New York and pull flats, you will need their coil endorsement in addition to any other endorsements you may need. Good luck.
percentage almost always comes out better than mileage, you have to look at the big picture, I have a lot of deadhead, but I still come out 50 to 60 cents a mile by getting 25 percent of the gross. also when the boss gets a run that he doesnt really want, and he charges extra, i get extra also, on straight mileage, you would just get your normal pay.
example, last week I ran 2776 miles and grossed 1087. thats 39 cents a mile, but the week before I only ran short loads. one was 60 miles and paid me $75.00 so thats 1.25 a mile. I think I like percentage better, Plus I can take the truck home and the yard is only 7 miles from my house, so I just leave the truck there when it needs anything and I dont have to waste my personal time waiting for it. Like I said ALWAYS look at the big picture, it doesnt matter what they pay if you arent running.
good luck to you, be cool and be safe
Old 04-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDon
I live 8 miles north of I90 which is the cutoff line
Jay, I got TMC to approve you for Line Haul and their home weekends fleet. Good Luck to you!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Rookie

You Rock Man! Thanks Again, Jay