User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation
good company if you can get hired.. they're real picky.. went to orientation with about 25 people and only 5 of us made it through in the end.. i hear this is commonplace among all orientation classes.
Then why are they constantly advertising for drivers?
Old 11-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation
you could try US Xpress. I work for them and have no problems with them, they're a pretty damn good comany in my opinion. They have top notch equipment.. but be warned ALL their trucks are automatics. I hear some people say that they'll never go to work for US Xpress because of the automatics.. i'll tell you what.. automatics are real nice once you get used to em, especially on grades. If you don't want it to shift by itself, put it in manual and push a button when you want it to upshift or downshift lol. Maybe not the 'best' for a new driver, but it's nice. Every truck has turn by turn GPS screen which is real nice. They have KWs, Petes, Volvos, and Freightliners. It's really a tossup as to what kind of truck you get, i know quite a few brand new drivers who got put in 2008 volvos with less than a hundred miles on em when they're done with a trainer.. however i got put in an 06 freightliner.. but it's still nice.

good company if you can get hired.. they're real picky.. went to orientation with about 25 people and only 5 of us made it through in the end.. i hear this is commonplace among all orientation classes.
Thats what they all say- real picky- more like skimming the bottom of the barrell if 5 of 25 in orientation made it through. My guess is most of those should not have been there in the first place. Companies will load the classes with people they do not intend to let drive to give the remaining drivers some false sense of pride as if they were the cream of the crop. Dont get me wrong, USX could be much worse, but we know their affiliation with Covenant and how they trade drivers after exploiting them.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evinrude
[but no vacation pay,

go to the labor board... they have to pay vacation pay, plus any company that doesn't, it's worth working for. Stand up and have some balls.
Oh come on, you don't honestly believe that any company has to pay vacation pay do you? Have some balls, call your labor board and you'll find that no company "has" to offer paid vacations.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Board Regular
Location: Time and again after 8 hours work like another blue collar worker. Got My life back. Good bye CPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan
Quote:
[but no vacation pay,

go to the labor board... they have to pay vacation pay, plus any company that doesn't, it's worth working for. Stand up and have some balls.
Oh come on, you don't honestly believe that any company has to pay vacation pay do you? Have some balls, call your labor board and you'll find that no company "has" to offer paid vacations.

I am Canadian, by law we get 2 weeks per year and 3 weeks after 8 years. That's the minimum. France receives 5 weeks to start according to Mike More movie Sicko.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I am Canadian, by law we get 2 weeks per year and 3 weeks after 8 years. That's the minimum. France receives 5 weeks to start according to Mike More movie Sicko.
This is true, even what the Europeans get for their relaxation time.
Since the majority of the people floating in and out of this Forum are US citizens though, it is important for them to understand that "Vacation Pay" is not a requirement of EEOC. In fact, Over-time pay is not a requirement for many jobs in this country, due to certain clauses in the Fair Labor and Standards Act.