User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ? related to past DUI

Guys Im trying to find a driving job. I just recently Graduated from Alliance Tractor Trailer Training Center. Thing is They said my I qaulified to go there and they would help me find a job. Well I Graduated and went to put my applications into places and no one will hire me.

Story:

August 31, 2002 I was pulled over for DUI. I tried to fight it but it was taking to long and I did not have the funds to fight it. When I plead the 5th to it January 31, 2006. They put that as my conviction Date on my driver license. The DUI isnt holding no points on my license as of now.

What I want to know if there is any trucking jobs out there that i could get hire for. Im willing to work hard and do what ever is neccessary. I have searched the internet trucking job sources and have found nothing. I have alot of money i spent on the school and no job yet to pay for it.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Senior Board Member

You should have never gone to school without first making sure that you knew somebody was willing to hire you when you graduated. All reputable schools will not let you train until you have been at least prehired by one company. They know that they will never see their money from a student that can't get hired. Many companies will never hire someone with a dui conviction no matter how long ago its been. Most of the ones that will wil want it to be at least 10 years old. Its mainly an insurance thing. Your best bet is to try to get on with a small mom and pop company, none of the big ones will even look at you.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Senior Board Member

You are going to have to look at some smaller companies. The larger ones are always going to look at the date of conviction, even though you actually committed it long ago. Most companies are going to tell you 5 years from the conviction or 5 years from the last day of any probation that you might have.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:34 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
What I want to know if there is any trucking jobs out there that i could get hire for.
Doubtful. That January of '06 conviction date is going to haunt you for another 4 years, most likely.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Rookie
Default nah

Nah. Not trying to sound smart about anything or nothing, But i looked into many driving schools its either No Dui/dwi in past 3 to 5 years. Thing is i privately owned trucking schools ones not owned by trucking companies go by the date you recieved it, not the date convicted. I guess Im just up the creek without a paddle. Done checked into most the small companies. They Want at least 2 yrs former trucking experience to be qualifed under there insurance.