User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2007, 04:57 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Useles..... Definitely NOT useless info. With tears running down my cheeks I know you ALL are right. And, no, he doesn't deserve me... and I don't deserve THAT. And... he doesn't deserve the priveleage to be out on the road. I really doubt if he will... now. He knew it would be a problem for his new driving career, and for his relationship. 'Nuff said... I start my CDL class on Wednesday. Even tho it's with Swift, it's getting me out on the road and I can pick and choose from there. I'm somewhat familiar with Swifts ways and know that if I keep my nose clean and become a d*mned good driver, you all will be proud to have ME on the road. I promise not to get on here and complain about Swift once I'm there. But, if it's okay, will post progress. Thank you all again for setting it straight. Be safe...
Old 04-08-2007, 05:07 AM
Senior Board Member

BY all means post your progress, and if you find things you like or do not like about Swift post that too. There is nothing wrong with posting information of any kind so long as you fully believe it to be the truth.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:28 AM
Rookie

One thing I have learned... Bad news does travel faster than good. I've spent hours upon hours pouring over posts on this site and every company has it's problems. I have to say that the Swift academy did my fiance good, and being a newbie on the road, they treated him better than expected and his D/M was wonderful. So... the moral of the story is... follow the rules, continuously perfect your driving skills, be aware... always... remain curtious, open-minded, awake and (whew) patient. Know that it's not going to be all roses, and enjoy the roses you do receive. I do have a few month's bills tucked away, and know that being a female may be a little harder... maybe not. No family at home who needs me. And a thirst for a new life and an adventure. Okay... will you all have my back when I come on here crying because Swift really did me wrong? Just kidding... :lol:
Old 04-08-2007, 06:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by "GypsySoul
will you all have my back when I come on here crying because Swift really did me wrong? Just kidding... :lol:
a lady will always find a sholder to cry on here.

best of luck
Old 04-08-2007, 11:45 AM

I don't think anyone here will say Swift is a bed of roses but if it gets your foot in the door, hey there ya go.
For what it's worth I did meet a few truckers who had been with Swift many years. Most of them were O/O's, but one or two company drivers.
Anyhow, just because so many here had bad expeiernces doesn't mean you will. Just do your best and learn as much as you can. Being a woman has no bearing on your possible skill level for driving; I met many female truckers who had forgotten more about the road than I'll ever know.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Senior Board Member

First of all who is a shipper/receiver to decide that someone reeks of alcohol?
Some people stink like garlic.......I guess they are Italian.
If fiance was smart, he should have called and insisted the police give him BAL test and if Swift fired him, he should have called a lawyer and sued both Swift and the shipper.

But he screwed it by getting ticked and going to a bar.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Senior Board Member

GypsySoul,

everyone has pretty much covered all that needs to be said about this situation. Therefore, I just want to say I am sorry for what you and your b/f are going through and I wish you both the best of luck. Keeps us posted on your progress with Swift.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577

As a shipper, I am trusting a co. and a driver with my product which is being delivered to one of my CLIENTS!! Would I allow a driver who reeked of alcohol to drive off with a load??? Not No, But HELL No!!

As a Consignee, a driver who reeks of alcohol is a danger to my people, others, and my property. Do I allow my employes to drink on the job?? No!!! Would I allow a driver under the influence on my premises?? No!!

If fiance was smart, he should have called and insisted the police give him BAL test and if Swift fired him, he should have called a lawyer and sued both Swift and the shipper.

First offf, if fiance was smart, he wouldn't have been drinking in the first place. Should have called the police??? Yeah, I'll go along with you on that one!! Then the police could have offered him chauffered ride to The Iron Bar Hotel, where he should be!!

Inmate, where do you get the notion that the driver could somehow sue a shipper for suspecting him of being under the influence of alcohol?? File suit against Swift?? For WHAT??

No, he screwed it by drinking in the first place!! The problem is NOT that he got caught. That was a Blessing, not a problem. The problem is that he drank in the first place.

I'm glad this Loser is off the highways. I Hope he never gets another chance. This is a "One and Done" Offense, as far as I'm concerned. It occurred in a big truck.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate1577

I think the point made was there a very good likelyhood that he had been drinking and he went to bar and had a drink to cover the fact he had been drinking and driving before. The shipper/receiver has every right to control what occurs on their property.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Rookie

I completely agree with Useless. There will definitely be no sueing going on. There is no reason for that - both the Shipper and Swift were in the right, and Tim was way far in the wrong.

Even tho law-enforcement showed up twice, letting him stay with his truck the first time after giving him a partial sobriaty test, then giving him a ride to the bus station the next because the tuck was taken way, they still didn't arrest him and apologized for what was happening - for some reason they didn't see a reason to thro him in jail.

At this point, I feel it's best that it happened the way it did, thanking God nobody got hurt or worse, and a very hard lesson learned. If it were to happen at another time, God only knows the outcome. Maybe God's plan was for it to happen this way. Hopefully any potential or new drivers who read these postings will learn something too. I sat at truck stops and watched drivers toting twelve packs back to their trucks and I wondered how that could happen. But, unfortunely it does.

I'm not looking for a shoulder to cry on, either for this alcohol-related problem or for my starting with Swift. I am looking to professionals who can confirm and who have knowledge that I didn't have. I thank you all for that.... Be Safe....