User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default pre employment testing

filled out application for employment didnt expect an inerveiw the same day let alone an offer of employment went for drug screen, had a few beers with dinner the night before took test about 1:30 pm next day should i be worried. some people say they dont test for alcohol on pre employment some say differnt. any comments....?
Old 03-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Default Breathalizer ?

Alcohol should be out of your system by the next afternoon, but the experts may correct me on that. I don't drink. Well, maybe a glass of wine on Saturday night. The impromptu DOT alcohol test involves a breath-a-lizer. They typically do not test for alcohol on pre-employment or bi-annual physicals because the driver can easily abstain for half a day. The other drugs stay in the body for much longer periods.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Rookie
Default don't sweat

If you weigh more than 60 lbs. you should be fine! If you really want to though, you can wade through P...lenty of info on the FMCSA website regarding drug/alcohol screening. IMO enough to make anyone's head spin.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Unless a few beers is more like a couple of cases and you weigh about 100 lbs soaking wet your system should be clear in 8-12 hours from the last drink.

Very few, if any, companies do a alcohol test on new applicants. The only time I have heard of it happening is when there was a suspension the applicant was intoxicated during the interview, orientation, etc.