User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

http://www.willstrucking.com/

Try there they are big around my way. But i hear that pulling trash pays nothing. good luck

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 03-23-2007, 02:25 AM
Board Regular

We hauled a load of military equipment to New York awhile back, dispatcher told us he had a load of clean bundled recycled paper coming back from Long Island (we had a flatbed).....my husband argued with him that the only thing coming off Long Island was garbage...dispatcher insisted that this was a friend of his that had found him the load and it was bundles of recycled paper, we're still at that point curious why it'd go on a flatbed....sure enough we get to the pickup address and it's a garbage filled mess......we had no air conditioning in that truck, summer time, had to go to BFI in Ohio........we get it the bundles loaded up, I took a ton of pictures and sent to dispatcher asking him about his ideas of 'clean recycled paper' and then it's time to tarp up..well the tarps we had on at the time were in poor shape, I fell right through the middle of one about the middle of the load........eeeeewwwwww.......so anyhows hubby promises to stop ASAP for me to shower, get going stop at truckstop and get out start walking towards the TS some reason I turn around to look back at the trailer and notice a puddle forming on the ground under middle of the load my hubby goes to inspect it and says honey I'm so sorry but you have to get back in the truck we have to get this out of here I think that is oil and we can't let it sit here on this lot like this....so I get a babywipe bath and we haul off for Ohio.........that was one of our worst loads ever, I doubt I ever forget that load, and the last time we ever hauled trash on our truck too....had to really get that trailer cleaned afterwards, found out coffee grounds take the stench out of the wood on the flatbed from that too............
Old 03-23-2007, 02:44 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: I am looking to get into hauling Trash....

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandeep2001
I am new into the business and I am a o/o looking to get into hauling trash. Is there anyone whose already in this field that can give me some advice on how to get started. I would really appreciate. By the way I am going to be running this from VA. I would appreciate anyone that might have any information for me.

You can email me at [email protected]

Thank you
One way to haul trash is to work for the city, (the Sanitation department) but they don't pay much money. (At least not here where I work at) :cry: