User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 4 yrs experence, but not driven in 7 yrs

Greetings.

I have driven for 4 years and lost my last job due to refusing to drive while under the influence medical Drugs. They made me very tired and was able to stay up only 5 hours a day while I was on them. I was Driving for Navajo at the time and they wanted me to leave out and when I stated I was on these medicines they decided to play Doctor and told me to stop taking them and drive or they would come after the Truck.

Since I have applied and gotten on Disability. Being on Disability I find my self bored and not able to survive each month. I do want to go back to Work.

My Driving Record;
2 Tickets in the last 7 years. Speeding 4 years ago, Impeding Traffic 4 years ago

3 Accidents in the last 4 months of Driving, only one was my fault.

1. Hit Concrete Divider due to a 4wheeler cutting in on me in NY State No Damages,
2. Rear ended by a SUV in Calif while I was parked,
3. I rear ended a 6 Wheeler in Mass, all in 2000. (Less of 2 Evils Rear End a 6 Wheeler or run over a Toyota Corolla)

I have been awarded the American Truckers As. 3 Year Safe Driver award.

I still have my CDL's I would need to comply with the Georgia's Homeland Security Program course prior to renewal.

I have pulled Flatbeds, Dry Vans and Reefer in the past. Due to my medical Problems, Flatbed will be out of the question.

I have a General Anxeity Disorder, Dejentive Joint Arthritis from the Neck Down, and Fluid on the Brain (NPH). I'm on SSDI due to the Anxiety Disorder. The effects from the Anxeity Disorder is Depression, but Does not show Always Joking and laughing, and causes me to get Anger easy. I have taken treatments for the Anger mangement through the VA.

What all would I need to get back into Trucking?

What Company would be the best for a restart?

I am currently living in the Philippines with my Fiancee. Will be returning to the States in Oct, but right now weighing my Options.

Every Job I had since I was 20 years old had me traveling, either by Ship, or by Truck, and now sitting around the house has the walls closing in on me.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Being on disability is what is going to cause you the most problems. You will have to get medical statements that the condition you were on it for has resilved enough to allow you to return to work.

Also, since it has been 7+ years since you have driven, most, if not all, companies are going to want you to go through CDL school or at least a refresher course and will consider you a newbie once again. Even for small companies 3 years seems to be the max gap between driving jobs.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
Being on disability is what is going to cause you the most problems. You will have to get medical statements that the condition you were on it for has resilved enough to allow you to return to work.
Thanks Uturn, you gave me the answer I was fearing, but your right. The refresher course I figured that. but this medical statements that the condition you were on it for has resilved enough to allow you to return to work. I would not be able to get, for my medical condition has not improved.. All I would have would be the attitude of a Non stopper, like the children's book "The Little Train That Could", Do not give up, keep on trying attitude..

It might just as well if I did not go through and spend the money for a refresher, for I would not be able to stay and retire from driving anyway. Heck I feel by the time I am 50 or sooner I'll be in a wheel Chair any way. I'm now only 44.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Senior Board Member
Default PI or...

Stay in the PI and get two fiances. Then you'll have two PBR to motivate the wheelchair. BOL
BTW, you anywhere near Po Town? To see the sun set slowly in the South China Sea, aaaahhhhh.....
Old 03-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: PI or...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealord
Stay in the PI and get two fiances. Then you'll have two PBR to motivate the wheelchair. BOL
BTW, you anywhere near Po Town? To see the sun set slowly in the South China Sea, aaaahhhhh.....
No I am in Ormoc City Leyte. And the PI not wheelChair friendly, lol. No ramps like in the States.