User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

nevada jim, i havent tuned in for a while. i tot you were all gung ho for that swift thing?
some times i think i should get out of washington and head for vegas. washington is too left wing with their gas taxes,proposed tolls everywhere,wasted all the tax money,carbon trading broke back government
Old 03-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer
nevada jim, i havent tuned in for a while. i tot you were all gung ho for that swift thing?
some times i think i should get out of washington and head for vegas. washington is too left wing with their gas taxes,proposed tolls everywhere,wasted all the tax money,carbon trading broke back government
I'm still rolling. Leaving Vegas at the end of the month and should start school in Portland on 2nd Wednesday in April. Vegas is cool but really not much here for me. Alot of people must think the same as you because there's 4 -5000 that move here every month. Traffic is starting to suck and I can't imagine it in another 5 years. But it's still pretty affordable to live here considering it's a tourist spot.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:20 AM
Board Regular

that vegas traffic cant be as screwed up as seattle. they say the roads were designed by drunk sailors. its city and county government policy in seattle to make driving as difficult a possible to save the planet.
my comrades have voted not to replace the hwy 99 viaduct and every one else will rid the bus
Old 03-18-2007, 07:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
that vegas traffic cant be as screwed up as seattle. they say the roads were designed by drunk sailors. its city and county government policy in seattle to make driving as difficult a possible to save the planet.
my comrades have voted not to replace the hwy 99 viaduct and every one else will rid the bus
The traffic is bad. But what's worse is the drivers. I've never seen drivers so bad as Las Vegas. Glad I'm gone. I lived there for nine years. Nine years too long as far as I'm concerned.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
The traffic is bad. But what's worse is the drivers. I've never seen drivers so bad as Las Vegas. Glad I'm gone. I lived there for nine years. Nine years too long as far as I'm concerned.
Too funny, but true. If it does happen to rain it's expected that there will be a dozen collisions within the first 10 minutes. Some people will never learn.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: las vegas** need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourlimomonkey
if thats the case and you have to go over the road forget it!! after sitting back and reading posts and reading that some drivers have been out on the road for like 3 weeks and then have 2 days off..and all that for like $850bucks if that a week?? doesn't seem to be worth it to give up having a life.
You're right, it's not. I heard one guy braggin' on the CB the other day about how he gross's $1000/wk @ .28 cpm. When you figure that he' running about 3500 miles a week to make that amount of money well...it's nothing to brag about. Then you hear about guys pulling for CR England, Werner, etc making .24 cpm - .26 cpm!?!?! You gotta be kidding me. My uncle made .19 cpm back in 1981 when Waylon Jennings was on the radio.

Folks just love working cheap/free in this biz. Never seen anything like it.
Just to ask .. do any of those guys have a driving record, felonies, a past? Those companies (CR England, Werner) often hire newbies that have no other place to go ....
Old 03-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: las vegas** need help

Folks just love working cheap/free in this biz. Never seen anything like it.[/quote]

yea i see people on here lease england trucks and make minus 1000. our company just hired a cardinal lpo who said his weekly settlements often were minus zero. maybe they can get those mexicans to kick in some pesos for fuel. some people are never satisfied