User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default drop box vs terminal

dropped my first trip at terminal Tue a whole 24 hrs ahead of time i usually drop trips at truck stops and stay away from terminals but co says to ensure proper and speedy pay bring to the terminal well they proved again they are full of s..t when i drop at the truck stops been getting pd faster and on time. and another subject been out about three weeks had a load coming to valdosta GA dropped a whole day early co said we don't have a ld to get u home but u can DH there and yea we cant pay u for this. well by the time u add up the BIG bucks they pay you ha i would have spent more at the truck stop waiting for a ld so started up the big nice shiny Volvo and spent there fuel to get home. even left the personal car at terminal yep the same terminal left trip at see found out wont get pd for that trip until the 19Th not on the 12Th so much for tarring that trip in in a timely matter. OK feel much better thanks for listening
Old 03-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Generally speaking, unless you drop off your paperwork at the main terminal where they process payroll it is just as fast to send it in through trippack or whatever your company uses. If you get the paperwork in the box by pickup time the company should recieve it within 2 days.

I loved it when the last company I was with went to Transflo. Get it scanned in and it was instantly in the computer and as long as it was in by the cutoff date and time you knew for certain it would be on the next check.

As far as not getting paid to DH home keep this in mind. The company is not making any money either. In fact since you, or any other driver for that matter, is using a company truck to go home with the company is spending money to see to it that you get home. Between the fuel, wear and tear, and distance, the actual cost to get you home can be pretty high.

Of course if you do not like this then I guess a person could stay out until the company can find you a load delivering within 5 miles of your home. :wink:
Old 03-09-2007, 12:17 PM

your right uturn i understand about weal and tear just committing how they want u to think they did u a favor by letting u go home by way of DH no diff to me could have easily left trk at terminal drove car home