User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2007, 02:50 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default workers comp question

I would like to know if any trucking companys will hire me while i am in workingcomp. from my privious employer. i am not collecting money only getting medicine and treatment. i am a retired teamsters union worker, 54 years old and i just got my commercial driving lic. i only work for one compamy for the last 31 years my treatmen is for my back sciatica. this is the second time i have been treat for this problem. i never tried to collect money for my injury which took place in 2001 and then in 2006.
i have been applying to several trucking companies and have had interviews, but for some reason they denied my application. i have only had two accident in the past 5 years,no tickets. 1 accident in the past 3 years. the last one was for speeding for the condiction of weather. max speed 75 i was going speeding 60 but since it was foggie,and rainning the police said i should have taken even more precausion.
any help i would be appreciated thank you. :sad:
Old 03-03-2007, 02:56 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: workers comp question

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMSAS
I would like to know if any trucking companys will hire me while i am in workingcomp. from my privious employer. i am not collecting money only getting medicine and treatment. i am a retired teamsters union worker, 54 years old and i just got my commercial driving lic. i only work for one compamy for the last 31 years my treatmen is for my back sciatica. this is the second time i have been treat for this problem. i never tried to collect money for my injury which took place in 2001 and then in 2006.
No, the workman's comp claim isn't the problem, assuming that you have been released to work by a doctor.

Quote:
i have been applying to several trucking companies and have had interviews, but for some reason they denied my application. i have only had two accident in the past 5 years,no tickets. 1 accident in the past 3 years. the last one was for speeding for the condiction of weather. max speed 75,my speed 60. foggie,and rainning.
any help i would be appreciated thank you. :sad:
So let's see. You have:

- 2 accidents in the last 5 years
- an excessive speeding (15 over)

And you think it is the workman's comp that is keeping you from being hired? Come on - get real.