User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default may disqualify me from driving...

Dont know how to say this. But apparently I may had commited the biggest mistake that may disqualify me from driving a truck. Last year winter one night when I was driving my four wheeler, I backed into another car in the parking lot and left. (Nobody was in the car and I didnt see anything just heard a slight noise as soon as then I stopped). Anyway the next day I made a report about this to the police department... I explained I didnt notice any damage on the other car last night in the dark parking lot, but got worried because in the morning whn I saw there was a small dent in my car's rear pumper. So they checked out my car and listed the report under a hit and run. Also called the insurance company about this, that's last year... So I just called insurance company today and they had it listed as "claim" by household. I didnt get a ticket for it. But does this counts as "leave the scene of an accident", I am considering getting a CDL, im going 21 and is looking forward to get a job in trucking but will I be hired, after company does a background check or something and find about this? The insurance company told me something about "CLUE", is national database that all insurance company check about you before deciding your preminum, basically this claim/accident whatever may or may not show up on there. But if a company checks with the police department, they will certainly find out about this . Is "leaving the scene of accident" is major offense considered by truck companies? Does that only include driving a truck, or ex tends to driving a private vehicle by the owner. If it is both then I think im screwed.
So my question is what is the possibility truck companies will hire me after this? Does some companies may ignore it? Should I get my CDL? Man im really boiled right now. Please feedback asap.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:24 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

If an accident report was filled out, it will show up on your MVR and therefore will fall to you to get a copy of that report for potential employers. As to whether or not they'll be able to work with it, it will depend on what the report says. If it explains it like you did, you'll probably be OK. If it doesn't, then you might be screwed.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Board Regular

Go pull a copy of your MVR if it is not on your MVR then it is a non-issue
and you will not even need to list on any applications.

If it is on your MVR you will need to list it on any applications. You would list it as " hit parked vehicle". Since you did not receive a citation and there was no other information provided for the report as to the owner of the other vehicle I seriously doubt that it will show on your MVR. Since no one came forward the police don't really know what you hit, just that you reported something.

More than likely the report was just filed just in case someone came forward reporting damaged to their vehicle.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Key questions-

Did you leave a note with your information on the other car? Did you get the plate # and car make/model? Hoefully you did so you have some leverage. If not, its a strike against you.