User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Indirectly it does.

Having HazMat opens door to companies that might not otherwise want to hire you. This, this gives you more options.

But most companies don't pay anymore if you haul a HazMat load even though it requires more work. I.e., you must stop at any railroad crossing.

So, hauling hazmat doesn't pay anymore than normal, but having the hazmat endorsement opens you up to alot more companies.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Senior Board Member

It's worth having all your endorsements. With the ID ohiomohawk I would guess your from Ohio, in Ohio they will get you for $50.00 every time you add an endorsement to your CDL so get them all at once and it's only $50.00 rather than $50.00 here and there.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:53 AM
Default Re: So does having a Haz Mat endorsement mean more $$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomohawk
I am currently pulling trailers of grocerys to Walmart and Sams for Schnieder. In order to get hired by Schnieder you have to have a haz mat endorsement. I understand Schnieder has other accounts that haul hazmat. I went and took the CDL written hazmat test and then went and had my finger

I am have been thinking about the fact that I have a haz mat endorsement but it is not really being put to use hauling groccerysIs there a big difference in pay if you haul Haz Mat??
Having hazmat allows you the opportunity to work for additional companies, especially tankers but then you need tank endorsement too. I personally find hazmat too risky in most cases that too me its not worth it. A driver should certainly get paid more if they have to haul hazmat but it just don't always work that way. If it did, then maybe it would be worth it at times. Thats like a computer professional that has only an A+ certification but is getting paid the same as another who has A+ & N+.