User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2007, 07:06 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Dot physical

Yeah I was wanting to know if all states are the same on the DOT physical. If so is there anywhere i can go online to find the guidlines and what they are looking for ex. numbers for bp , sugar etc. I'm going with swift in millington TN. any hel i would appreciate it.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Board Regular

The physical is regulated by USDOT. When I had my physical in Idaho, California, and Washington State. It was all the same. The only difference is what the doctors do. For example, when I did my physical in Idaho, the doctor did not check for hernias, whereas California and Washington did.

I would not worry about the DOT physical, that is the easiest part of it. Just be sure that you do not have any sugar before you have your physical done. If there are any medications you are taking including over-the-counter, say something. If you have a health condition, that requires a medical release, be sure you have a release otherwise it will cause headaches.

What I would be more concerned about is the workwell physical that Swift does. I cannot tell you what kind of tests they do as it depends on the company that is doing the testing, but, it is very grueling and you will be very sore afterwards. The test is designed to see if you can handle doing flatbed work and is a standard test that Swift does with all drivers.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:10 AM
Senior Board Member

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...al/medical.htm