User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2007, 01:36 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Endorsements

Just passed my CDL today and I was wondering if I should get my tanker and Doubles&triples before I get my actual license. I'm planning on working for Ashley Furniture. thanks
Old 02-21-2007, 01:43 AM
Board Regular

The endorsements are always usually. Just remember to keep them current. They will increase your job opportunites now and in the future.The main endorsements I would recommend are: hazmat, doubles, and tanker. As far as triples, not so much, don't see many triples anymore do ya? but if it floats your boat get it. I didn't think that Ashley took recent grads? Please let me know if they do. If you do get on at Ashley make sure to get trips here to Ohio because my families furniture store in Coshocton carries Ashley furniture. :P Good luck to ya
Old 02-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungZ.W.
The endorsements are always usually. Just remember to keep them current. They will increase your job opportunites now and in the future.The main endorsements I would recommend are: hazmat, doubles, and tanker. As far as triples, not so much, don't see many triples anymore do ya? but if it floats your boat get it. I didn't think that Ashley took recent grads? Please let me know if they do. If you do get on at Ashley make sure to get trips here to Ohio because my families furniture store in Coshocton carries Ashley furniture. :P Good luck to ya
They don't have a separate license for doubles & triples. It is the same license. As far as pulling triples you see quite a few depends on where you live. On the Kansas Turnpike there is a bunch.

As far as getting what license. I say get them all. Once you have settled down you can review what license you need and drop those you don't need.

kc0iv
Old 02-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Rookie

I would take the tests and get your endorsements before "finalizing" your CDL, it will save you money and the hassle of waiting for the upgrades on your CDL, my state doesn't charge for endorsement tests and by doing that way I only had to pay one fee for the CDL and when the hard card came it had it all on there.
Old 02-25-2007, 05:24 AM

Get all the endorsements you can, it will make it easier if you go job hunting later.

I missed out on a sweet city job because I didn't have my doubles/triples, only took me 15 minutes to get later ....... BUT getting time off through the week AND when the license branch was open took awhile.

Not sure about your state but IL only requires a short test on the computer and $5 to upgrade the CDL.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Board Regular

get all of your endorsements. You may never need them, but you would hate to miss out on something really sweet, just because you didn't think you needed doubles/tanks/ or hazmat.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Senior Board Member

I got my doubles/triples and tanker endorsements 11 years ago when I first got my CDL. I kept my hazmat current until I started hauling cars. I don't keep my hazmat now because I'd have to renew my license every 2 years instead of every 4 to keep it current.

It doesn't hurt any to have the endorsements- that's why it's a good idea to get them. Then you don't need to get them later if you end up needing them.