User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

In Florida you will receive your license at the same time that you pass all of the tests. If you don't have any experience then you need to go to school. A tech school or community college is more cost effective because they cost about 1/2 as much as a truck driving school. And yes, it may take longer, but some still get you out in as little as 3-4 weeks. BOL
Old 02-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Rookie

I kind of like the idea of tech schools. Can you guys give me the names to some, if you know of any, in the southern region of the state. I understand that finding work is tough down there but I have to do it. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Board Regular

Hey FEDOG, for your benefit, and this is only my point of view but, stay away from ROADMASTER, i attended them in June of 2003, thank god i caught on quick or i would have been up sh**s creek without a paddle, i don't know of others experience, but they just do not give you nearly enough time to learn the trade, and learn it safely. From what i've heard about tech schools, they really seem like they have their heads on straight, seems like a much more hands on approach to the way of doing things and learning the right way and the safe way to do things. Just give it some thought before you make up your mind, but be weary of these run of the mill training schools like Roadmaster and TDI.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Rookie

Yes,..a tech school will take more time, but it is also more economically affordable.
A driving school will cost you at least $5,000, I'm not sure how much a tech school is going to cost.
Do a search for the county that Ft Lauderdale is in and the counties surrounding that one. You will be able to find a tech school in one of those areas.
This is a good time of year to go to a long drawn out (cheaper) tech school,
the roads are a mess, and I for one won't be going back out until May!!
Good luck