User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 04:17 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

one friday night,i had 3 hours sleep.i picked up a pre-loaded set o doubles in tacoma. scale was at location where it was loaded but none at yard.i get to woodburn ore poe and its 110000 gross.i got permits for 105000.
he made me take the trailers to halsey one at a time to unload and 1300$ ticket.
i looked good coming back into washington poe at 10am at 18 hours on duty,lookin straight ahead. company paid ticket.
now whats wrong with that?
Old 02-15-2007, 07:40 AM

Had a good one coming up into Michigan crossing in from the Buckeye at the 25mph rolling coop Northbound.

Running with a buddy, he is in the lead, rolling thru and starts to get on it again at the geton as I am rolling across and get redlighted and barked at to pull around. As I am pulling around my buddy says "Hey 1 of ours is getting pulled over with a bum headlight, where did he come from?" We had just spent the last 2 hours gossiping about everything and everyone including many of our coworkers. I said, "It's me getting yanked in Goofball, my headlight blew out as I was entering the coop". He didn't believe you could have that kinda bad luck but there was some severe bumps leading up to the coop that have since been smoothed out. The bump literally blew my headlight up, nice.

That was enough to pull me around and pull a full blown on my setup, 90 minutes later my buddy is home sleeping and I am still watching this guy go over everything with a fine tooth comb, and finds nothing. Minor air leak at the hand and a few drums at their end of limit amounts, nothing to put me out of service. Interesting part was we run paperless logs (OBC) and this guy had never seen them and can force you to manually paper log all your previous days by hand off the OBC if he wanted to, what a pain. That would have been another hour but luckily he was content to hop up in the cab and I showed him how it works and scrolled thru my previous week and the displays for total drivetime, on duty, etc. He was impressed and I was on my way.

Talk about bad luck with the headlight though........
Old 02-15-2007, 12:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btinc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc0iv

So I think this must of been one of the scams going on by the scale-house employee(s).

kc0iv
We will have to agree to disagree, many years as a company owner, a few audits, having a Texas DOT officer call Ca Dmv to see if my medical certificate was valid, and the fact that after the physical the driver has to walk the long form in and submit it to the Dmv. We will have to just disagree.
btinc, Now you got me wondering. So I called the scales at Kansas City and ask them about this subject. Both the guys said they never heard of any medical form being on file in Jefferson City. While I was on the phone one of them call the MO. Highway Patrol CMV officer in Lee's Summit. He said the only way he would be able the know that information would be by either seeing a driver's long form or while doing an audit of a trucking company. He said to his knowledge D.O.T. in Jefferson City doesn't have a record of any medical information.

Later today I'll call Jefferson City and talk to the girls over there and see what they have to say. If I findout anything different I'll post that information.

I do know you don't have to have a currect medical card to get your CDL or to renew your CDL in MO. I have never had to show any type of medical information other than take the vision test to renew by MO. CDL. With two of the companies I was leased to they just wanted a copy of my current long form for their records. In addition two of the companies I drove for as a company driver they used my current medical for their driver's file. In all cases the only thing I had to take was drug test and I was off and running. In fact in only one case did they even wait for the drug test results before I was cleared to drive.

One other thing that leads me to believe Jefferson City does not have any medical records was when I had a false positive for a drug test. Neither Jefferson City, D.O.T. regional office, or D.O.T. in Washington D.C. had any information about that test results. And you would think if these offices had any medical information at all they would have this information.

kc0iv
Old 02-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So I think this must of been one of the scams going on by the scale-house employee(s).

kc0iv
We will have to agree to disagree, many years as a company owner, a few audits, having a Texas DOT officer call Ca Dmv to see if my medical certificate was valid, and the fact that after the physical the driver has to walk the long form in and submit it to the Dmv. We will have to just disagree.
btinc, Now you got me wondering. So I called the scales at Kansas City and ask them about this subject. Both the guys said they never heard of any medical form being on file in Jefferson City. While I was on the phone one of them call the MO. Highway Patrol CMV officer in Lee's Summit. He said the only way he would be able the know that information would be by either seeing a driver's long form or while doing an audit of a trucking company. He said to his knowledge D.O.T. in Jefferson City doesn't have a record of any medical information.

Later today I'll call Jefferson City and talk to the girls over there and see what they have to say. If I findout anything different I'll post that information.

I do know you don't have to have a currect medical card to get your CDL or to renew your CD in MO. I have never had to show any type of medical information other than take the vision test to renew by MO. CD. With two of the companies I was leased to they just wanted a copy of my current long form for their records. In addition two of the companies I drove for as a company driver they used my current medical for their driver's file. In all cases the only thing I had to take was drug test and I was off and running. In fact in only one case did they even wait for the drug test results before I was cleared to drive.

One other thing that leads me to believe Jefferson City does not have any medical records was when I had a false positive for a drug test. Neither Jefferson City, D.O.T. regional office, or D.O.T. in Washington D.C. had any information about that test results. And you would think if these offices had any medical information at all they would have this information.

kc0iv
OK, that would be great if you post any new info.
You are correct about not needing to have any proof to get or renew your CD. As far as a employee, testing positive no one will get that information other than the driver and the motor carrier, DOT will only see that info during a audit. There steps will depend on how the company responds to that situation.
Most DOT officers don't push the issue on the medical card, if you present one that's good enough, however there are some drivers who are checked out with more detail. The last thing is this maybe a CA deal only, since i have never had a company in any other states.

Old 02-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

kc0iv

I do know you don't have to have a currect medical card to get your CDL or to renew your CD in MO. I have never had to show any type of medical information other than take the vision test to renew by MO. CD. With two of the companies I was leased to they just wanted a copy of my current long form for their records. In addition two of the companies I drove for as a company driver they used my current medical for their driver's file. In all cases the only thing I had to take was drug test and I was off and running. In fact in only one case did they even wait for the drug test results before I was cleared to drive.

kc0iv
OK, that would be great if you post any new info.
You are correct about not needing to have any proof to get or renew your CD. As far as a employee, testing positive no one will get that information other than the driver and the motor carrier, DOT will only see that info during a audit. There steps will depend on how the company responds to that situation.
Most DOT officers don't push the issue on the medical card, if you present one that's good enough, however there are some drivers who are checked out with more detail. The last thing is this maybe a CA deal only, since i have never had a company in any other states.
After calling Jefferson City (boy were they hopping today) they said no medical form are on file in their office with the exception for special exemptions.

Now as to good old CA. Looking at their web site they do indeed require a long form and I quote "The DL 51 must be submitted to DMV with an original application for a commercial driver license or instruction permit." They go on to say you must mail this form every two years to the Sacramento office. So it appears there is one more reason to NOT live in CA.

I guess the only good thing is they require the employer to pay for the exam under Labor Code Section 231.

Have a great day.

kc0iv
Old 02-16-2007, 03:03 AM
Board Regular

you guys are so funny reading the law to each other! i cant read all that.my nurse signed my card and gave me the long form.they got some new card that has a copy for the office and after i sign i detach motor carrier copy and fold laminate over my card.i mailed mc copy to office because i never go there.i dont care what the law says. if i get to that tx scale maybe ill spend the week end there and get stinko :twisted: