User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default One step closer...

I'm now one step closer to driving a big blue truck. Gordon says that I will have to wait until thursday when the "rehire committee" meets and I'll find out thursday or friday if I can come back.

Tomorrow I'm driving up to Albany,OR to look for an apartment... By looking on the internet, it sure is cheaper than down in Sacramento! Hopefully I'll be back in a truck next week.... I hope...
Old 02-12-2007, 10:21 PM

Kona, last I read, you were having something of a dilemma.

I guess, by this latest post, you have made up your mind to leave the fiance and come back to trucking?

If that's the case, I wish I could say "good for you." But, I don't know that its good for you! Only you will know that.

I know you loved working for Gordon. I can't imagine you would have any problems returning.

Best of luck to you.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Good luck Chris, crossing fingers for ya :wink:
Old 02-13-2007, 01:39 AM

Kona....If you run that area a lot, have you heard of Sherman Brothers? Multi-axle, heavy haul out of Harrisburg Oregon? I have a pre-hire from them once I get out of the Army I am looking at going with them. Good luck with Gordon! I first got on this site about a year ago and I remember when you got started.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourHeartsTrucking
Kona....If you run that area a lot, have you heard of Sherman Brothers? Multi-axle, heavy haul out of Harrisburg Oregon? I have a pre-hire from them once I get out of the Army I am looking at going with them. Good luck with Gordon! I first got on this site about a year ago and I remember when you got started.

I've passed their yard dozens of times but I don't really know much about them other than that it seems they have a mix of trucks ranging from some real old looking FLD's to some brand new trucks...
Old 02-17-2007, 06:08 AM
Senior Board Member

UPDATE!

The gordon rehire committee approved my application but I still have a couple steps to go through. I have to give them a 10 year dmv printout and get another drug test and D.O.T physical... YAY! I'm making it onto the general fleet for a couple months until I can get back on my dedicated run... I shouldn't of quit cause I'd still be on the fleet but I gave up my spot for some other driver to take... doh!

Now, I have to get approved for the apartment before I can figure out when I will be moving up to oregon but I'll probably be out and hitting the road in about 2 weeks or so... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris
Old 02-17-2007, 07:11 AM

Hey Chris.... (uh-hem... "Sans Argonauts" clears his throat...) sorry, "Kona"... are you SURE this is really what you want to do, man? I mean this is all kinda "been there done that" right?

Believe you me... having from my OWN personal experience having Been There and Done that, thinking that the "second time might be better"... this is just wishful thinking, Wise Guy.... if it was so GREAT.. you never would have left there in the first place.

Yes or No???

As someone else has as their "signature" in these forums... "Finding the right trucking company is like finding the right person to marry".... Dude... you have already "been there and done that"... do you honestly think that "the next time around" the REALITY will be any different???? I suggest you listen a couple or several times to Waylon Jennings song "Wrong"...

Go ahead an call me.. an as*&^%, but I am betting you a dollar that if you go BACK to what you have already seen the ultimate futilty of, you will once again leave it...

Then again, if THE ROAD is the woman you can't get away from... if she is truly already deep within the very fiber of your being... then as the George Clooney character tells the Mark Wahlberg character in the movie A Perfect Storm... "Then you got a problem, my friend."

I wish you luck, Chris... you are in a difficult spot. Let us know how it goes...

Old 02-19-2007, 06:50 AM
Board Regular

if you only have 4 days off a month do you need an apartment? when i was otr i put my junk in storage and stayed in motels.it was great having nothing. i know if you run i-5 you get home more often but it might pencil out if you have no family to stay in motels with maid service,pool,cocktail lounge,just like a rockstar! no power bill, phone bill,cable etc.some times i just stayed at a friends house or sailboat.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:54 PM

Kona....

Before you declare Oregon as your residence, remember that Oregon has one of the HIGHEST state income taxes in the country, and that Washington State has NO INCOME TAX 8)

Believe me, I have lived in BOTH states, and I'm much happier keeping the THOUSANDS of dollars in my pocket.

Just FYI :idea:
Old 02-19-2007, 11:02 PM

Kona
I'm glad to see you are getting back on the road b/c if thats what you really want to do you'll be happier in the long run. I walked away from many women because of jobs or business ventures and have always found something better. For anyone who says otherwise, dont forget to ask you wife before posting :wink: