User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Is there such thing as....

A good trucking job? Seems like unless you want to be gone for nights at a time, there is no making good money in this business. Thoughts.. anyone?? I don't know if I've made a mistake choosing trucking as a career. I love driving, but I have a family who I want to come home to, and can't find a decent thing around.. could be because I live in Michigan. Not sure.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Senior Board Member

You have to look for the type of job you want, and you might have to make some compromises in order to get it or work your way up to get it.

If you are wanting to be home everynight look for daycabs traveling in your area, also look for dump trucks, cement trucks, etc and note the names of the company on the truck and then contact those companies and submit an application.

You might have to drive an hour to get those jobs, or they may not pay what you want to start, or you may have to work the dock for a time before getting on full time as a road driver.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Senior Board Member

I'm doing alright, can't speak for the rest of the drivers out there bringing home 6-700 bucks a week, 6 weeks out at a time :lol:
Old 02-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Board Regular

Our company has day cabs and sleeper units we are usually gone out only 1 night a week and have weekends off Once in a while I will leave on a Sunday.

It just takes time to find a company that you like working for alto there are still times that things will happen and you get upset and ready to quit.