Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack fan
so how long can you be on duty for. with the 11/14 rule
You can be "ON DUTY" forever. You just can not drive after having been on duty past the 14th hour or having driven for 11 hours in that 14 hour time frame since first coming on duty, until you complete the mandated rest period.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Senior Board Member

Just a tip...
I've noticed that some guys dont show "sleeper birth" time on their log, just "off duty".
Now you can have all "off duty" time if you want and sleep during that "off duty" time as well and its easier to calculate your hours.

But...
If for some unknown reason and Lord forbid it happens to anyone, that you get into an accident the DOT just might look at that logbook and ask "when did you sleep?" because the log shows no sleeper birth time.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Board Icon

The regs are very specific on that subject. If you are in the sleeper berth, it MUST be logged as sleeper berth, and not off duty.

Quote:
Question 26: May a driver record sleeper berth time as off-duty time on line one of the record of duty status?

Guidance: No. The driver's record of duty status must accurately reflect the driver's activities.
FROM HERE
Old 02-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
The regs are very specific on that subject. If you are in the sleeper berth, it MUST be logged as sleeper berth, and not off duty.

Quote:
Question 26: [b]May a driver record sleeper berth time as off-duty time on line one of the record of duty status?[b]

Guidance: No. The driver's record of duty status must accurately reflect the driver's activities.
FROM HERE
That's the question i wanted to know If a driver could record his 10 hours of sleep as OFF-Duty in line 1
Old 02-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Board Regular

Yes you can log 10 straight hours as Off-Duty instead of sleeper berth as long as you don't sleep in the sleeper berth during that time. I often times pull in at home on my runs and sleep there. Another instance would be if you were to have the truck at a shop and were in a motel, (or happened upon a lot lizzard with a room)

Regs say, 10 hours of consecutive hours of off-duty or any combination of off-duty/sleeper berth but remember, they do have to be accurate as to your actual activities. If you only sleep 4 hours during that 10 hour period, log 6 hours off, 4 hours sleep.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky_
Quote:
this is just a pic i dragged off of a site it showed 12 hours of driving & I know u can only run 11 hour of DRIVING & 10 IN SLEEPER-BIRTH I know ya gotta show yer route & PRE-TRIP'S and STOP'S & FUELING ETC
The log image you are showing above was a day 1 and day 2 off of the DOT website and it should have included an answer of the driver was in violation!
See below and you will see this is the log image you have above in one of the 8 examples below. These examples are trying to get the split breaking across to drivers. Many people training on logs (including DOT) does not show examples where the driver does their pre-trips & post-trips, loading etc. I have an example of the 11 & 14 hour rule and I have a 2 day example of split breaking with explinations if you would like to see a copy of either please "PM" me with your e-mail address and I would be happy to share it with you and help you understand if needed.

But review below these are logs from DOT and they are discussing split breaking only and the DOT clearly states the driver is in violation on the example picture you posted.

The one you posted is example # 2 day 2

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...k-examples.htm

Have a great day
Old 02-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
Quote:
Quote:
this is just a pic i dragged off of a site it showed 12 hours of driving & I know u can only run 11 hour of DRIVING & 10 IN SLEEPER-BIRTH I know ya gotta show yer route & PRE-TRIP'S and STOP'S & FUELING ETC
The log image you are showing above was a day 1 and day 2 off of the DOT website and it should have included an answer of the driver was in violation!
See below and you will see this is the log image you have above in one of the 8 examples below. These examples are trying to get the split breaking across to drivers. Many people training on logs (including DOT) does not show examples where the driver does their pre-trips & post-trips, loading etc. I have an example of the 11 & 14 hour rule and I have a 2 day example of split breaking with explinations if you would like to see a copy of either please "PM" me with your e-mail address and I would be happy to share it with you and help you understand if needed.

But review below these are logs from DOT and they are discussing split breaking only and the DOT clearly states the driver is in violation on the example picture you posted.

The one you posted is example # 2 day 2

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regul...k-examples.htm

Have a great day
:roll:
Old 02-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Rookie

Just log it as you do it and you will have no problems.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
when i stop and do my PRE-TRIP I'd show 30 mins no less kinda hard to do everything in 15 mins DOT would give me the eye and be like u did a PRE-TRIP in 15 mins
There are plenty of people on here who will tell you all type of stories about how I got this ticket or my buddy who know this guy who got busted doing this,but in my 21 yrs I have never been questioned on showing 15 min for pre trip and post trip inspections,don't waste all you're 70 hrs showing unneeded time......let the flaming begin 8) :?