User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmedLinz
Thank you all for the tips, I'm making a list!!!

Here's another question...............

Is it wise to talk to companies before going to school, or do you wait until you get out of school and then hope to find a job quickly???
talk to drivers who work for companies that you are interested in, you will see plenty of recruiters during school
the drivers are the only ones who are going to be honest with you.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Rookie

If money is tight for you, perhaps contacting them before school is best. How are you to learn about company operated/sponsored CDL schools if you are already enrolled ? If funding your CDL training isn't an issue, you might consider contacting prospective employers while in school.
Recruiter visits at your school are common. You might wish to read some of turbo trucker's post about YOU interviewing companies.. If you have a good driving and employment history, and have lived a clean life, (avoided court appearances) all companies hiring in your area will want you. I can't think of any good reason to wait until you have finished your CDL training prior to contacting.

ps. I believe turbo trucker frequents (trucker.net). IMO, he is a master educator of issues involving employment in the trucking industry.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:46 AM
Senior Board Member

There are some local companies who are looking for the weekend warriors... I started with my company with the idea I was only going to work fri-sun....didn't work out that way, but I found quite a large number of companies who would hire me just for the weekends. Now of course, I'm down here in the DFW area in TX....not sure about your area. But check around.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 01-30-2007, 04:10 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cluggy619
There are some local companies who are looking for the weekend warriors... I started with my company with the idea I was only going to work fri-sun....didn't work out that way, but I found quite a large number of companies who would hire me just for the weekends. Now of course, I'm down here in the DFW area in TX....not sure about your area. But check around.
Yeah,that is good about the metromess,the jobs. Man,there are bookoos of local jobs down there. :shock:

http://watsonsysco.com/