User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Good seats for bad backs

Spending, as we do, most of our working lives in a sitting position in a truck, over some of the best roads and some of the worst, what would you suggest would be the best seats to have, especially if one has a bad back ? Also, how do truckers with bad backs go about their daily working lives, in terms of the ways they perform their tasks, precautions, special arrangements ( if any ), special equipment ( if any ) ?

This is an important issue for me, as I've got a pretty dodgy back for the past 10 years or so : to boot, I even busted my left knee in August, when I fell 5 ft off the back of my mixer truck, and tore a ligament & got severe bruising in the bone.

Consequent to the above, I've decided that handbombing loads is not an option for me ever : though I guess I can pull pallets with a pallet-jack. Ergo, I'm zeroing in on companies which have 100% no touch, or drop & hook, or cans, or ideally, tankers.

What kind of suggestions can I get on this issue ?