User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 04:50 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default to drive for a company on the buyout or not....

One of my previous employers that I'm considering going back to work for is rumored to have been bought out by a competitor, a much larger operation by far, they aren't giving out any details for at least a month from now. My concern is that if I sign on now will they change the pay package/benefits later... also if they would pull me off the line haul/48 runs by replacing with a senior driver from one of their other companies they own around here, then place me on a local route (much lower pay).

Anyone with any exp with a buyout?? Did things remain the same or change?
Old 01-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Depends on a lot of things as to what is going to happen. I've been involved with a number of mergers,acquisitions in non-trucking companies.

Things like
is it a hostile or non-hostile acquisition --- hostile expect big changes
are the companies owned by a parent company --- toss-up
how 'strong' the acquired company is

Another thing to keep in mind is that sometimes when a company acquires another one -- they sometimes will leave things alone for a while before they make changes.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:13 PM

It's not a hostile take over... the other company is Ruan, they are new to milk hauling, so the guess right now is that they'll leave pretty much alone...
Old 01-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Best advise I can give is to get onto their websites and see if they have investor areas and check those for announcements. If either one of them offers public stock - there might be information there.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:44 AM

There is no answer to your question. Every company I have ever worked for except two have went out of business, either through acquisition, or just shut down.

The company I now work for was bought out, or into, or something, this past summer. No one will tell us anything. The check still reads the same, but we are answering to a different company.

We have asked many times who we work for, and the best our dumb butt dispatcher will tell us is that we have a job, and are getting paid, so we should be happy.

Moral is low to say the least . I think the drivers jobs here will be OK, or another one may close up out from under me. I don't know, and right now I don't care if they do close.

So, to answer your question, you just don't know what will happen till it happens. You can bet management won't tell you. They need to use you until your services are no longer needed.