User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I think it's called trucking, if it was the perfect job there would be no openings!! :lol:
Old 01-21-2007, 01:27 AM

This will be my last week in trucking, going to work for the city.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Board Regular

Topper & Sinclac I wish you all the best in your new endevours. Drive safe everyone.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:50 AM
Board Regular

Hey topper, Pritchett is out of Lake Butler, but they will let you take the truck home, even the local guys, so you might want to check them out, they pay pretty decent, and you're home everynight, does cypress run the rock trucks out of Jax., that might be a better option for a more predictable schedule and paycheck. You might also want to look in to CCC, they haul beer out of budweiser, i worked for them a couple of years ago, again, you might not make a ton, but you'll still get to drive like you want to, and the pay isn't bad, and i'm almost positive they'll give you a chance with not much experience, they did for me. Good luck, if yo have any questions on CCC let me know.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:44 AM
Rookie

thanks guy's, I do have alot of thinking to do here. a/c&r is not all that great either, I have more than my fair share of run in's with rats and spiders and the likes, done been bit by a brown recluse once and killed a few more, not to mention the hot roofs and addicts not fun in 105 degree weather. After reading all your inputs I am going to check into more outfits here. Hey millersod215 I had a choice between ccc and cypress but was told you starve there and run your butt off 6 days a week, so I went to cypress turns out they are the same. We haul alot of drywall seems that is our bread and butter and thank god we had no storms this year but in return it's slow not to mention the weather out west and north. think I will just see what is out there first but not burn any bridges.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:38 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topper
thanks guy's, I do have alot of thinking to do here. a/c&r is not all that great either, I have more than my fair share of run in's with rats and spiders and the likes, done been bit by a brown recluse once and killed a few more, not to mention the hot roofs and addicts not fun in 105 degree weather. After reading all your inputs I am going to check into more outfits here. Hey millersod215 I had a choice between ccc and cypress but was told you starve there and run your butt off 6 days a week, so I went to cypress turns out they are the same. We haul alot of drywall seems that is our bread and butter and thank god we had no storms this year but in return it's slow not to mention the weather out west and north. think I will just see what is out there first but not burn any bridges.
That's being smart. Good luck Topper.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Board Regular

Get a local job. I average about $26 (some weeks I averaged $28) an hour. In the winter I still don't drop below about $23 an hour.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:39 PM

Hey Topper,
I am not sure how CCC Jax yard operates but I work out of the Auburndale yard and pull dedicated beer from the brewery every week. I am able to alternate weekends off one 5 day week, 1 6 day week, every Sunday off and all major holidays off with pay. My first year with them I made $37,000. This year I should do close to 39,000 and could do more if I wanted to work more, however I like my family time and take as much as I can get. Most of my runs are about 9 to 11 hours start to finish.
I have no complaints with the take home pay for 5 days i get about $450 -$475, & 6 days will give me $500-$550 depending on the runs. this is after taxes and $110 in insurance cost are taken out. You get paid a percentage starting at 23% and move up every year 1 point to 26%, plus a potential quarterly bonus of $500 if you drive safe and keep your following distance at good numbers. We run with the Eaton Vorad system once you get used to it you can work it with no problem I have always get my full bonus. The down fall is the fricking truck only goes 60mph but you get used to it and in reality I would rather take my chances in a crash or going off the road at 60 then at 70 or faster.
I have done well with CCC as I see it as a means to pay my bills nothing more, its just a job and family is so much more important this company allows me that luxury.
My two cents added. hope it works out for you...

It Is What It Is.

Timberwolf
Old 01-21-2007, 10:48 PM
Board Regular

hey TIMBERWOLF, whenever you're on 75 around tampa and south, i hope you're not one of they CCC guys that likes to hold up the middle lane, i'm sure you're not, but if you know the guys doing that tell them to move out of the way I worked out of brooksville for a while, and i don't think the speed was my complaint, it was those damn vorad systems, i absolutely hated them, i left because i couldn't get on any beer runs, i ran beer OTR, but came back to local and they stuck me on a tanker, definately no fun. Anyway, keep the beer rolling, and keep it in the right lane :shock: