User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2007, 11:42 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I got a physical for VA compensation a few weeks ago. It was concerning knee surgeries so the doctor just had to do measurements and check range of motion and what not. After she did that she said,"The VA didn't order a rectal or hernia check, so I guess I'm done." When she saw the look of disappointment on my face, she kind of hurried out of the room and wished me luck.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Default Re: So I went in for my DOT physical today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouthdriver
...and I don't know what I really expected, but I didn't expect it to be as quick and unpersonal as it was. The first part was okay. Pee test, eye and hearing test, color blind test (I got 5 out of 6) and the bp test. All that was done by the assistant. When the Dr. came into the room was when it got strange. She just started giving orders and seemed to only half pay attention while I was squatting, jumping on one foot, and stretching sideways, front to back, and in a circle, She checked my mouth and ears and gave my lower back a glance while I was touching my toes and that was about it. I was with her for about 2 minutes

She then gave me my folder and old me to give to the lady out front. She never said don't look in it so I did and saw that she signed the Med. Card and another piece of paper that said I was qualified. But when I handed the folder to the lady out front I asked if I had passed or not and she said they couldn't give me any information and it would be mailed to me. This was for school and it's payed as part of my tuition, so I can kinda understand them not telling me. But it's sill kinda odd.

So is this common or just the way this place does it? And do I have anything to worry about with missing one of the color blind numbers?

Mine went by the book:

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/documents/s...cal-Report.pdf

I weighed in my underwear but otherwise stayed dressed. He pulled out the stethescope and listened to my heart and lungs, had me lie down and felt my abdomen for soreness and swelling.

As far as: But when I handed the folder to the lady out front I asked if I had passed or not and she said they couldn't give me any information and it would be mailed to me.

She was just being the typical, low paid, officious clerk who's been working for a doctor too long. :roll:
Old 01-14-2007, 03:57 AM
Default Re: So I went in for my DOT physical today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouthdriver
...and I don't know what I really expected, but I didn't expect it to be as quick and unpersonal as it was. The first part was okay. Pee test, eye and hearing test, color blind test (I got 5 out of 6) and the bp test. All that was done by the assistant. When the Dr. came into the room was when it got strange. She just started giving orders and seemed to only half pay attention while I was squatting, jumping on one foot, and stretching sideways, front to back, and in a circle, She checked my mouth and ears and gave my lower back a glance while I was touching my toes and that was about it. I was with her for about 2 minutes

She then gave me my folder and old me to give to the lady out front. She never said don't look in it so I did and saw that she signed the Med. Card and another piece of paper that said I was qualified. But when I handed the folder to the lady out front I asked if I had passed or not and she said they couldn't give me any information and it would be mailed to me. This was for school and it's payed as part of my tuition, so I can kinda understand them not telling me. But it's sill kinda odd.

So is this common or just the way this place does it? And do I have anything to worry about with missing one of the color blind numbers?

Mine went by the book:

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/documents/s...cal-Report.pdf

I weighed in my underwear but otherwise stayed dressed. He pulled out the stethescope and listened to my heart and lungs, had me lie down and felt my abdomen for soreness and swelling.

As far as: But when I handed the folder to the lady out front I asked if I had passed or not and she said they couldn't give me any information and it would be mailed to me.

She was just being the typical, low paid, officious clerk who's been working for a doctor too long. :roll:
I thought the same with the counter lady. Just doing her job and what not.

The only article of clothing not on me was my hat, but when the Dr. herself was done with me she told me to get dressed.