User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2006, 01:51 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
Companies as large as JB Hunt rarely go bankrupt. The government would not allow that to happen. There would be too many repercussions.
Looking over the shoulder of G-Man's points here, I think that it is also important to remember that bankruptcies that occur on this type of scale are by far and away predominantly what are called "Chapter 11" bankruptcies, which allow companies to continue to operate while they restructure their debts.

As G-Man also quite correctly pointed out, transportation company the size of J.B. Hunt would be considered vital to the flow of commerce, and the economic and political ramifications of allowing it to fold would be very serious.

I have not followed J.B. Hunt, although looking at their performance on Wall Street, I must say that I now consider myself remiss in not following it. I would hope that there is a sound management structure in place to continue after Mr. Hunt's death.